Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elsmore

Options
  • 10-05-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone's bought or looking to buy in Elsmore?

What stage are people at etc?

Show house gonna be ready soon from what I hear!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ryanetak

Just wondering if anyone's bought or looking to buy in Elsmore?

What stage are people at etc?

Show house gonna be ready soon from what I hear!

Hi Wobbles,

We have and are hoping to snag mid next week. Are you in the process? How are you finding it all?
    Still no showhouse....

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Yeah, surprising the show house isn't ready yet tbh - was meant to be weeks ago.

But they've probably sold all the current batch so not pushed with finishing it up. I'd tend to agree, I'd rather them finish our houses sooner :)

Got in for the snagging today! Things are mostly in a good state, but certainly some finishing touches needed.

When are ye hoping to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ryanetak

Yeah, surprising the show house isn't ready yet tbh - was meant to be weeks ago.

But they've probably sold all the current batch so not pushed with finishing it up. I'd tend to agree, I'd rather them finish our houses sooner :)

Got in for the snagging today! Things are mostly in a good state, but certainly some finishing touches needed.

When are ye hoping to move in?

We hope to move in at the end of August/ start of Sept but it’s hard to get any kind of solid information. However it’s certainly reassuring to hear things are in a good state there.
    Did you get a date for the move? Are you on The Walk or The Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Lee3b

Hi just put a deposit down on a house on the green on Friday. The show houses are open by appointment only but not furnished did you guys not get into see them

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭iwishihadaname

I've moved into Elsmore recently. Anyone else finding the traffic noise from the ring road extremely loud? I feel like the cars are right outside my window. Hopefully a few trees are grown to block out the noise :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

I've moved into Elsmore recently. Anyone else finding the traffic noise from the ring road extremely loud? I feel like the cars are right outside my window. Hopefully a few trees are grown to block out the noise frown.png

Yeah, have noticed that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 LauraMarieA

Hi,

We have put a booking deposit down on a house in phase 2 in Elsmore. I have a couple of questions if anyone here is able to answer I'd be very grateful!

1. How long after paying booking deposit did it take for your solicitor to receive contracts? We put our deposit down 4 weeks ago and no sign as of yet.

2. Do they allow you to make minor changes? I want to change the kitchen presses from two tone to all white

Any other advice people have from buying in this development id be very grateful!

Hi,

We have put a booking deposit down on a house in phase 2 in Elsmore. I have a couple of questions if anyone here is able to answer I'd be very grateful!

1. How long after paying booking deposit did it take for your solicitor to receive contracts? We put our deposit down 4 weeks ago and no sign as of yet.

2. Do they allow you to make minor changes? I want to change the kitchen presses from two tone to all white

Any other advice people have from buying in this development id be very grateful!

We got our contract a month after paying our booking deposit. Literally the only change they will allow to the house is a change to the colour of the kitchen, only if the kitchen isn't in your house yet. So you might be lucky but I'd check asap!

We got our contract a month after paying our booking deposit. Literally the only change they will allow to the house is a change to the colour of the kitchen, only if the kitchen isn't in your house yet. So you might be lucky but I'd check asap!

Thanks a million, we are one of the type j's In the grove, Hopefully the kitchens are not in yet. Do you know roughly when they go in? We went two weeks ago and it looks as if only the shell of the house is completed so far. Are you living there yet?

Thanks a million, we are one of the type j's In the grove, Hopefully the kitchens are not in yet. Do you know roughly when they go in? We went two weeks ago and it looks as if only the shell of the house is completed so far. Are you living there yet?

Yeah I'm living here now. Kitchens go in towards the end of the build so sounds like you have plenty of time. Get in touch with the Cairn Sales Consultant after you sign the contracts and she'll sort that for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I've moved into Elsmore recently. Anyone else finding the traffic noise from the ring road extremely loud? I feel like the cars are right outside my window. Hopefully a few trees are grown to block out the noise :(

I always thought the surface of that road was a bit rough. Might be worth getting onto the local td to try get it redone.

I always thought the surface of that road was a bit rough. Might be worth getting onto the local td to try get it redone.

Who is the local TD? I'm new here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone asked Cairn if their floor could be fitted before kitchen is? Reason being we spoke to a guy in BTW Naas yesterday and he advised us that the floor should go in before the kitchen as it will sit better. He did say other customers buying new builds were allowed by their builders however he was not sure if any of these customers were in Elsmore.

Going to ring the sales consultant tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had any experience/success with it first!

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone asked Cairn if their floor could be fitted before kitchen is? Reason being we spoke to a guy in BTW Naas yesterday and he advised us that the floor should go in before the kitchen as it will sit better. He did say other customers buying new builds were allowed by their builders however he was not sure if any of these customers were in Elsmore.

Going to ring the sales consultant tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone had any experience/success with it first!

We never asked them so not sure if they'll allow it. Our floor guy took up the kitchen and ran the floors underneath it anyway

Didn't realise that could be an option too. Would you be able to pass on the name of your floor guy? I have a feeling Cairn won't allow it So would be nice to have a back up plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newintown1

Didn't realise that could be an option too. Would you be able to pass on the name of your floor guy? I have a feeling Cairn won't allow it So would be nice to have a back up plan!

Hi, congrats on putting your deposit down. We've also put our deposit down on a J type house.

Have you spoke to Cairn since your last post. Any joy with them letting you put your kitchen floor in before the presses? Or with the colour of your presses.

We're aware of the white goods package for the kitchen but are tiled bathrooms included? Trying the gauge what exactly is included. No contracts yet.

Newintown1 wrote: »
    Hi, congrats on putting your deposit down. We've also put our deposit down on a J type house.

Have you spoke to Cairn since your last post. Any joy with them letting you put your kitchen floor in before the presses? Or with the colour of your presses.

We're aware of the white goods package for the kitchen but are tiled bathrooms included? Trying the gauge what exactly is included. No contracts yet.

Congrats! How far along are you into the second phase? So we have spoken with Cairn and the only changes we were allowed to make were to the kitchen, but that is only if the kitchen hasn't been ordered yet. So you might be lucky if your house isn't too far along yet. Go to Nolan Kitchens directly for the change. We met with Carol Milligan who explained what we could change. We changed the presses to all white (the only option you have are either the two tone as in the show house or all white, Or all of the grey/brown colour) We were also allowed change our countertop and extend it out to make a breakfast bar, changed our sink And added pull out boxes to one of the presses. You could also add pull out bins to one of the presses but we didn't do this. It Is costly enough but we feel it has been worth it!

Cairn wouldn't allow our floors to go down, nor would they allow anyone in to measure for blinds carpets etc which has been a pain. We have been told we have to wait until snagging to let people in to measure. We also asked them not to fit the wardrobes to the wall in the master bedroom as we want to move them but they said no.

Tiles are included in the bathrooms.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newintown1

Congrats! How far along are you into the second phase? So we have spoken with Cairn and the only changes we were allowed to make were to the kitchen, but that is only if the kitchen hasn't been ordered yet. So you might be lucky if your house isn't too far along yet. Go to Nolan Kitchens directly for the change. We met with Carol Milligan who explained what we could change. We changed the presses to all white (the only option you have are either the two tone as in the show house or all white, Or all of the grey/brown colour) We were also allowed change our countertop and extend it out to make a breakfast bar, changed our sink And added pull out boxes to one of the presses. You could also add pull out bins to one of the presses but we didn't do this. It Is costly enough but we feel it has been worth it!

Cairn wouldn't allow our floors to go down, nor would they allow anyone in to measure for blinds carpets etc which has been a pain. We have been told we have to wait until snagging to let people in to measure. We also asked them not to fit the wardrobes to the wall in the master bedroom as we want to move them but they said no.

Tiles are included in the bathrooms.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
    Thanks, that was extremely helpful.

We're going to contact Nolan's Monday to see if they have ordered the kitchen yet. We only paid our deposit Monday so we haven't been aloud view the house yet, external or internal. The full structure seems to be built...from what we can see from the road! We've been told our move in date is May, is that similar to what you've heard?

The change to the counter top is exactly what we want too. Great to hear this is possible.

We were in carpet right Naas today and the the salesman was telling us it was impossible to get entry to take measurements until keys were handed over. Pity Cairns are so strict.

Thanks again!

If your move in date isn't till May you should be fine making changes to the kitchen. Unfortunately your not allowed to view your actual house until the day you are snagging. We asked and were told no.

We are due to snag in the next 2 weeks and expected to close by end of March! Yeah a couple of floor/blinds places etc told us elsmore is the only developement in the town they haven't been allowed in to measure before snagging. Very frustrating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 austeacher

Hi all.

We’ve a deposit down too. Does anyone know who built/installed the wardrobes? I’d like to organize some more for the main bedrooms.

Cheers

I'm not sure about that but Pauline Carberry is the sales consultant for Elsmore. If you give her a ring she will be able to tell you. I can pm you her number if you don't have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mnbmendoza

Hi bout to put a deposit on Elsmore. Any tips from people that had already bought their houses there? Any recommendations? Please and thanks

mnbmendoza wrote: »
    Hi bout to put a deposit on Elsmore. Any tips from people that had already bought their houses there? Any recommendations? Please and thanks

I wish I never bought a house facing the ring road. Thousands of cars and trucks pass by every day, all day and night. It's so loud and no peace. I'm going to spend another 10k on new windows to dampen the noise which is so frustrating, and no good to me when I want to open windows during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I wish I never bought a house facing the ring road. Thousands of cars and trucks pass by every day, all day and night. It's so loud and no peace. I'm going to spend another 10k on new windows to dampen the noise which is so frustrating, and no good to me when I want to open windows during the summer.

Offtopic a little, but you might get used to that after a while. I live near the trainline and found noise from that was disturbing when we moved in first but now we hardly notice them?

Prenderb wrote: »
    Offtopic a little, but you might get used to that after a while. I live near the trainline and found noise from that was disturbing when we moved in first but now we hardly notice them?

I really hope so. Here 6 months now and being so close to the constant stream of traffic is just horrible. My bedroom was vibrating from a heavy lorry driving by this morning. I also think Cairn could have done more to hide the road from the estate e.g box hedges, sound barrier fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 austeacher

Prenderb wrote: »

Hey I hope you don’t mind me asking- but are you in the houses closest to Chadwick’s? We’ve bought further down (where the rd dips a bit) so I’m hoping traffic isn’t too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,122 ✭✭✭pad199207

I really hope so. Here 6 months now and being so close to the constant stream of traffic is just horrible. My bedroom was vibrating from a heavy lorry driving by this morning. I also think Cairn could have done more to hide the road from the estate e.g box hedges, sound barrier fence.

It’s a disaster. I’m in Arconagh and before Elsmore was built the road traffic noise from that road was ridiculous even this far in.
    Since Elsmore has been built though the noise has nearly gone completely.
    I think I’ve said this before but that road surface is down since I think 2006 so it’s oldish. If it were to be newly tarmacadamed it could help a lot.

austeacher wrote: »
    Hey I hope you don’t mind me asking- but are you in the houses closest to Chadwick’s? We’ve bought further down (where the rd dips a bit) so I’m hoping traffic isn’t too bad.

It's the same all along The Walk, only difference further down is less visibility of the road with the trees.

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    It’s a disaster. I’m in Arconagh and before Elsmore was built the road traffic noise from that road was ridiculous even this far in.
    Since Elsmore has been built though the noise has nearly gone completely.
    I think I’ve said this before but that road surface is down since I think 2006 so it’s oldish. If it were to be newly tarmacadamed it could help a lot.

I talked to a councillor about that and getting traffic calming similar to the Ballycane road side seeing as there's a big build up of residents now and cars/trucks constantly speeding. They won't do anything because it's a "ring road".

To me a ring road is one that circles a town. When you build housing estates on a ring road, its now part of the town and should be treated as a residential area.

Advertisement