Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Qauntum 70 backup battery runtime

Options
  • 08-07-2020 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

What is the expected runtime of HKC Quantum 70 panel in case of power outage? I know the EN standard requires 12h minimum runtime but given frequent power outages in my area I would like to know what is the actual time the battery can sustain the panel with GSM-WIFI fitted?

Also my understanding is that as soon as the backup battery runs out the external siren will go off. Is that the case?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

karolaug wrote: »
    Hi,

What is the expected runtime of HKC Quantum 70 panel in case of power outage? I know the EN standard requires 12h minimum runtime but given frequent power outages in my area I would like to know what is the actual time the battery can sustain the panel with GSM-WIFI fitted?

Also my understanding is that as soon as the backup battery runs out the external siren will go off. Is that the case?

There are a lot of variables with regard to how long a battery will last in the event of a power cut, such as the amount of powered devices etc connected to a control panel.

If your power is going off a lot, then this has a knock on effect on the life span of the system battery and its effectiveness and therefore its standy time decreases.
    As regards the EN510131 standard that only applies for 1 year after the system is installed, after that and for it to continue to comply with that standard the system has to be maintained by a licensed company.

In the event of the battery running down, sometimes the system will activate fully and the keypad will be unresponsive as it will not have enough voltage to process the data from the keypad to the control panel.
    As the voltage continues to lower the internal noise will stop and yes the external sirens own battery will kick in and should stop after 15 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 karolaug

I understand that in principle the runtime is dependent on the load. In my case this is a fully wireless system so the only thing directly powered by the panel is the GSM-WIFI module and the panel itself.

I am trying to get a feeling of how long I can expect the internal battery to sustain the panel. Is it hours or maybe a day or two days? Usually the power cuts in my area are not lasting more than a few hours but I am trying to evaluate the worst case scenario here.

I understand that in principle the runtime is dependent on the load. In my case this is a fully wireless system so the only thing directly powered by the panel is the GSM-WIFI module and the panel itself.

I am trying to get a feeling of how long I can expect the internal battery to sustain the panel. Is it hours or maybe a day or two days? Usually the power cuts in my area are not lasting more than a few hours but I am trying to evaluate the worst case scenario here.

Ok that is great that you have wireless devices, a rough estimate with a healthy 7amp 12 volt Battery and with your GSM/Wifi only absorbing power then my guess would be 20 ish hours.
    That is assuming it is a 7amp battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 karolaug

Thanks for your reply. I believe the battery in HKC Quantum is 9.6V 2.2Ah Ni-MH. From the power draw data for the panel/GSM-SC I calculated that it should only last about 12-15h if the alarm is not activated during that time. Would that be accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,640 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks for your reply. I believe the battery in HKC Quantum is 9.6V 2.2Ah Ni-MH. From the power draw data for the panel/GSM-SC I calculated that it should only last about 12-15h if the alarm is not activated during that time. Would that be accurate?

Yes you would be correct but that would decrease as the battery gets older, it is recommended for 3 years from the manufacturer.
    In reality the battery is about 70% after these 3 years.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes you would be correct but that would decrease as the battery gets older, it is recommended for 3 years from the manufacturer.
    In reality the battery is about 70% after these 3 years.

Thanks Altor, i obviously missed the bit when Quantum was mentioned ;)

My bad

Advertisement