Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah thought we'd get a few pints in the random Inn but it wasn't to be. Ah well saved a few pound at least.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Do you need to prebook for Lawlors or the Monread Lodge? I guess it's too busy at weekends.

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Do you need to prebook for Lawlors or the Monread Lodge? I guess it's too busy at weekends.

Definitely for Lawlors, not sure for The Monread.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

any recommendations for a driving instructor in the town for a few lessons pre test?

Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

jaffa20 wrote: »

Absolutely booking needed for The Monread. Apparently, you prebook your table with a charge of €25, which is refunded to your card when you leave. Takes care of the no-shows. Ten minutes before your time is up, you will not be served another drink. Just going on whet I heard, so check out their web page or Fb for details. And you will not be allowed into the building before your said time.

If it was me, I'd just get take away food and drinks, from 33 South Main. I couldn't be dealing with all that other crap.

Heard Rustic has no panels up between tables or anything. No distancing, no masks. Jaysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

beertons wrote: »

Heard Rustic has no panels up between tables or anything. No distancing, no masks. Jaysus.

I never like "I heard" comments, they are nearly always wrong or made up by people who know eff all about what they are talking about.

This is from the horses mouth, which is what I will always go by rather than some turd party hearsay

"Your safety and the safety of our staff is paramount so we will be following all HSE and recommended Health & Safety Guidelines to keep you all safe and comfortable. Be sure to keep an eye on all safety signage throughout the restaurant and have respect for all of the other diners that will be joining you as we reopen"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Anyone know what’s happening at Vista primary care. Looks like the are removing large medical hardware using cranes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭gar

Anyone know what’s happening at Vista primary care. Looks like the are removing large medical hardware using cranes.

Like what? A scanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RibRidge

Anyone have any reccomendations of a SaorView installer? Or can explain what I actually need better than I can understand from the fairly cryptic information on saorview.ie....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

RibRidge wrote: »
    Anyone have any reccomendations of a SaorView installer? Or can explain what I actually need better than I can understand from the fairly cryptic information on saorview.ie....

If you live in a fairly urban area and have a TV under 10 years old all you need is a TV aerial

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 RibRidge

If you live in a fairly urban area and have a TV under 10 years old all you need is a TV aerial

Can you just put it beside the tv or does it need to be on the roof etc and wired in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

RibRidge wrote: »
    Can you just put it beside the tv or does it need to be on the roof etc and wired in?

You can buy an indoor aerial in argos and it just plugs in, obviously an outdoor aerial on the roof is better. buy one in argos and if it doesn't work return it. Check out the Terrestrial topic on boards, loads of info there.

Anyone with Vodafone broadband and TV not working?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Anyone with Vodafone broadband and TV not working?

Working fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭luppy

Looking for some expert help with decorating a hall in naas area. AnyOne have any suggestions for interior designers around?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

luppy wrote: »
    Looking for some expert help with decorating a hall in naas area. AnyOne have any suggestions for interior designers around?

https://www.alenacdesign.com/ She is based in Kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Anyone have no water on the Sallins Road

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

wildwillow wrote: »
    Anyone have no water on the Sallins Road

I have no water either. Due back at 6 according to water.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Thanks. Not jus my problem so.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

I too have no water here on Dublin Road. Contacted Irish Water. Burst pipe in Kilashee. Affecting Naas, Caragh and surrounds. Should be back by 9pm (3 hours after they finish the repair work).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Any recommendations for a drive instructor in Naas for a few lessons pre test?
    Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Thanks

Can't go wrong with Ann Peacham, of Naas Driving Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pale rider

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Thanks

Know several people who went to Michael Keogh, great results.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/559351/latest-new-naas-store-for-diy-chain-which-has-15-branches-nationwide.html

see naas is getting in new business. and i heard aldi opening offices in millenium park. good to see Naas doing well.

i know these massive developments will cause stresses to the town (schools, hospitals, traffic) , but it shows things will grow. more likely to have new restaurants, shops, and existing places will continue to run if there is more potential consumers living in the area.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/559351/latest-new-naas-store-for-diy-chain-which-has-15-branches-nationwide.html

see naas is getting in new business. and i heard aldi opening offices in millenium park. good to see Naas doing well.

i know these massive developments will cause stresses to the town (schools, hospitals, traffic) , but it shows things will grow. more likely to have new restaurants, shops, and existing places will continue to run if there is more potential consumers living in the area.

So room for another Costa or 2 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

Aldi is going into Birch House which was used by Kerry group up to about a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Hardly massive developments. But good to see job creation is continuing.

The plumbing center will have 10-15 people and aldi just moving some from their current location and probably adding a few more.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

Darc19 wrote: »
    Hardly massive developments. But good to see job creation is continuing.

The plumbing center will have 10-15 people and aldi just moving some from their current location and probably adding a few more.

sorry i should have elaborated that when referring to massive developments i mean the new residental housing going up around Naas. Which i consider to be massive relative to the rest of the country. With more people living here, there is more consumers and thus better prospects for existing and new business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

In the following News Article this says the following
    A building site in Dublin had to close temporarily after staff tested positive for Covid-19. Over 20 cases were linked to it so far and many other workers have been tested, Dr Ronan Glynn added.

He said: "We are now seeing outbreaks of the virus in a range of work settings, including in construction, in fast food outlets and in supermarkets.

"We can't underestimate how quickly clusters develop.

"We have come so far together, but we need to stay vigilant to prevent a resurgence across the whole country in the coming weeks."

Other cases have been associated with a retailer in Kildare, Dr Glynn added.

Have anyone seen any News Articles in relation to the Retailer in Kildare?

Im not looking for hearsay

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/health-news/coronavirus-outbreaks-happening-irelands-construction-22387039

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

Some news items suggest its a Take Away, but no names given

Advertisement