Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go for a socially distant walk

Options
  • 23-03-2020 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi all. Looking for recommendations please, preferably within a few miles of Carlow.
    Usually head to Oak park or the woods outside Castledermot but looking for some other options, I tried the woods at Burton Hall that was mentioned in another post. The kids don't like Clogrennane for some reason.
    Anywhere away from traffic where I can get some air and bring the dog.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

The "road to nowhere" up beyond Eire Og might be an option. It's a bit littered and very dull but usually very quiet as well. An alternative is the Plots over by Raths where Hanover Harps play, you can get a good lap there as well, just watch out for other dogs off the lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

Oh I never thought of the plots for some reason, very close to me, thanks.
    Yeah I've done the road to nowhere but have been unlucky enough to meet some dodgy people down that way, such a shame, it could be nice if something, anything was done with the area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Anytime we have gone down the road to nowhere for a walk it is full of lads and lasses selling heroin or using it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

If you have a car, drive out to one of the further out access points to the Barrow Track- Mageney, Levitstown or heading the other direction , beyond Leighlinbridge.

Otherwise , if you can get up and out early in the morning ( before 9) some of the places you mention will be quiet .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Just passed Eire Og about 40 minutes ago on my way and there is some amount of activity down that road tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Just passed Eire Og about 40 minutes ago on my way and there is some amount of activity down that road tonight.

With the new rules , people are going to be quite restricted and now that all GAA grounds have been told to shut , it’s going to be really hard for people in town .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

St. Mullins

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Delirah

O Brien road / Portlaoise Road very busy the last few days, we'll just have to be careful I suppose. At least there's less traffic if I have to step out into the road to avoid people!

Advertisement