Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a mini usb keyboard

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,936 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Don't worry about it - in order to ensure I get it in time, I've just ordered the Novation Launchkey Mini. Looking forward to getting my hands on it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have fun with it!
    I have the Akai MPK mini myself. Very light and slim. Downside is only 8 mpc pads (2 banks) and no mod wheel or pitch bend. Keys nice and responsive though.

331548.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Used the have the MPC myself, great little controller

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I still have this guy as well. Cheap and cheerful. Only major issue is control knobs don't react in the DAW until the physical knob is turned to around 10%

331553.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Kim Kardashi Un

I like my launch key mini. It is so compact. I'm sure the akai mini is equally good. Nice to have the additional big pads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Arturia Minilab Maybe ?

750-MiniLab_detail0.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/ARTURIA-MiniLab-230401-25-Key-Controller/dp/B00COPKOUK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1419786389&sr=8-1&keywords=arturia+minilab

It comes with the Analog Lab software package, which is bloody brilliant, and its the price as the Akai, has encoders rather than pots - and above all I really like the wood trim ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Freedom Square

Can't recommend the M-Audio Oxygen enough. I've had two of them now which sounds like a bad advertisement if you're wondering what happened to the first one. It took 6 years of dog's abuse before I needed a new one, which will now be subjected to the same dog's abuse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SameHorse

i use the akai lpk25 myself. it's good enough that i'd consider getting any of their other keyboards.
    i think native instruments are getting into keyboards now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but it's the only one I could find that mentions the Novation launchkey

Does anyone know why there are 2 versions of the Launchkey 25 MK2?
    One with Modulation wheel and one without!

1461326824NOVATION_LAUNCHKEY_MINI_MK2_MIDI_KEYBOARD_PERSPECTIVE_01.JPG

preview.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

Just copped on that one is the "mini" version!

• Advertisement
Advertisement