Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my passport

Options
  • 27-06-2018 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello I’ve lost my passport and am due to travel in two day does anyone know if I can get a replacement passport in the head office in a hurry thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

You can post here, but cannot google it? Tut tut.

Unless you are going to a funeral, it takes three days for an emergency passport. And it COSTS mega euros too.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/can-i-get-my-passport-today/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sparticous

You can post here, but cannot google it? Tut tut.

Unless you are going to a funeral, it takes three days for an emergency passport. And it COSTS mega euros too.

https://www.dfa.ie/passports-citizenship/top-passport-questions/can-i-get-my-passport-today/
    I have seen that thanks for sharing I don’t mind the cost at this stage but I’m supposed to be flying sat morning I’m thinking there is no hope for me getting a passport in time just throwing it out there to see has anyone heard of or done it themselves in such short notice

Sparticous wrote: »
    I have seen that thanks for sharing I don’t mind the cost at this stage but I’m supposed to be flying sat morning I’m thinking there is no hope for me getting a passport in time just throwing it out there to see has anyone heard of or done it themselves in such short notice

Yah, very sorry for you really, must be an awful feeling. Jayzis.

Where did you realise you lost the passport?

If at home, have you REALLY searched everywhere. Not sure if that's relevant, depending on where you lost it.

God that's awful.

I am not in favour of appealing to politicians at ALL, but would a call/email to your local TD help in any way here? You never know until you try. Try an FG rep, they are in power now. Just saying....

Sorry for your troubles.

Where are you heading to?

Passports are only required on Ryanair , other airlines will accept driver licences or other forms of ID within EU obv.

I'm guessing you are going somewhere further. Would your travel insurance cover this if so?

Full sympathies, it can happen to the best of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Where are you heading to?

Passports are only required on Ryanair , other airlines will accept driver licences or other forms of ID within EU obv.

I'm guessing you are going somewhere further. Would your travel insurance cover this if so?

Full sympathies, it can happen to the best of us.

Say what?

Passport is the only form of ID accepted for Irish citizens (unless flying to the UK and not with Ryanair)

But how do you wait til 2 days before flying to check for your passport? Was it just waiting til you check in and then look for it?

Unless you are carrying it around as proof of age then it's got to be somewhere in the house - when did you last use it? Check your suitcases etc etc...

• Advertisement
Advertisement