Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings Cont'd [Mod Note in Post #1 updated 27/01/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Googleyes

Can someone please explain me the rules on mentioning full names, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Thesiger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

Googleyes wrote: »
    Can someone please explain me the rules on mentioning full names, thanks in advance

Don’t use a full name unless it’s already published in a newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭NorthCity

RTE One now Primetime from Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

Googleyes wrote: »

Read the first page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DonBertie

Been lurking for some time. I understand the genesis of the latest developments came about in July 2018 with a split in Drogheda's main drugs outfit. Trying to get to the bottom of the latest escalation although I understand most of this will be speculation and ill-informed conclusions.

4th November 2019 - RC is shot dead at his home after surviving a previous attempt in March 2019. According to news article he "was regarded by gardaí as a drug dealer arranging for the supply of drugs to one of the two gangs involved in the gun feud in Drogheda, Co Louth."

A different article states "his crew was hit by a massive seizure in Co Louth two weeks ago and he travelled to the UK to have a high-level debrief meeting about how it happened - it is not known if this has anything to do with his murder."

This must relate to the €3m worth of cannabis seized on a lorry in late October near Dundalk.

Mid December 2019 - RL who is RC's brother in law is assaulted on the street (video is doing the rounds) by associates of KM (I'm unclear as to whether KM was present).

Early January 2020 - RL is provided with GIM by the guards.
    12th January 2020 - KM is abducted

Running with several theories at the minute.
    A) Death of KM may be related to the GIM (which was inspired by several groups apparently)
    B) Death of KM is retaliation for December assault and/or other previous bad behaviour
    C) Death of KM is retaliation for murder of RL's brother in law in November. If it is this one it creates new questions:
    Was KM involved in murder of RC?
    Was RC's murder due to the Drogheda feud or was it because a lot of product was lost under his watch just days before and someone wasn't happy or felt he was no longer trustworthy? Maybe even offered RC up to the rival Drogheda gang?

[I'd post links to the news articles but restricted as a newbie]

Zs101 wrote: »
    Should we use ratios or fractions?

Haha yeah what I was getting at how much bigger would jg be to Richie or would Richie have peddled as much stuff in the country,

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Louskerr123

h2005 wrote: »
    Don’t use a full name unless it’s already published in a newspaper

Always find it strange as to why the press shorten JG surname when reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

Thesiger wrote: »
    On an unrelated matter, this is an interesting article [/url]

Thanks. The amount of nolle prosequi these lads get is crazy having read through some old cases. They're never going away for serious time

• Registered Users Posts: 43 anonaamus

GIM?
    DonBertie wrote: »
    Been lurking for some time. I understand the genesis of the latest developments came about in July 2018 with a split in Drogheda's main drugs outfit. Trying to get to the bottom of the latest escalation although I understand most of this will be speculation and ill-informed conclusions.

4th November 2019 - RC is shot dead at his home after surviving a previous attempt in March 2019. According to news article he "was regarded by gardaí as a drug dealer arranging for the supply of drugs to one of the two gangs involved in the gun feud in Drogheda, Co Louth."

A different article states "his crew was hit by a massive seizure in Co Louth two weeks ago and he travelled to the UK to have a high-level debrief meeting about how it happened - it is not known if this has anything to do with his murder."

This must relate to the €3m worth of cannabis seized on a lorry in late October near Dundalk.

Mid December 2019 - RL who is RC's brother in law is assaulted on the street (video is doing the rounds) by associates of KM (I'm unclear as to whether KM was present).

A) Death of KM may be related to the GIM (which was inspired by several groups apparently)
    B) Death of KM is retaliation for December assault and/or other previous bad behaviour
    C) Death of KM is retaliation for murder of RL's brother in law in November. If it is this one it creates new questions:
    Was RC's murder due to the Drogheda feud or was it because a lot of product was lost under his watch just days before and someone wasn't happy or felt he was no longer trustworthy? Maybe even offered RC up to the rival Drogheda gang?

• Advertisement

They must have someone important on the pay roll. Very suspicious..

Lolalita wrote: »
    Thanks. The amount of nolle prosequi these lads get is crazy having read through some old cases. They're never going away for serious time

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Lolalita

If you have a few of the articles handy, will you pm them to me just so I can figure out all these ****ing initials without asking every 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Johndoe19

More complex than that. There is a proper summary a few pages back. You are missing a big part about Keith Brannigan murder in Clogherhead. Also OM and his brother being shot plus the (apparent) blood found in GmcK house - but that’s not yet confirmed. The blood was mentioned last night on here and twitter but I wouldn’t take that as proof of anything at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Bounty hunter 123

I would say all 3 theories connected

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 rickross

think the press printed it wrong in the first place. like only printed the first 4 letters and that was that.
    accidently on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Ratbags

Government issued message (normally when your served official notice that your life is under threat)
    anonaamus wrote: »
    GIM?

GIM?

Google is your friend.

"A Garda Information Message, known as a GIM form, is an official garda document in which officers give formal notice that they are aware of a possible threat on a target's life or safety."

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Syndic

I find this strange too. Especially that they were reporting from a trial where his real full name would definitely have been stated.

Before he was ever mentioned in a paper, I always knew him by the longer name.

His arse

Where's this coming from? Twitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Oswald Mosley

Where's this coming from? Twitter!

Word round the campfire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Madouveh wrote: »
    My favourite part of this thread is hearing a bunch of people with Tayto dust encrusted on their fingertips and RTE on constant stream in the background - speculate and whisper about a minority of a minority of utter scumbags who couldn't pass 1st year CSPE - as if they're El Chapo's henchmen.

These are just a bunch of bike thieves who got into selling drugs. This is not 'organized crime'.

The actual tragedy in all this is that most poor kids who are at risk dont see another life for themselves. They are angry (rightfully so) and don't have the vocabulary or means to express it. So grey tracksuits with blue windbreakers become their chosen attire and they usually have convictions before they're out of their teens which prevent them from being able to even get a job or emigrate even if they got their sh1t together.

Meaningful investment and sustained social services in these areas won't solve the problem, but it can certainly help some at risk people heal and not revert to drugs or crime; it can also assist them in visualizing a future for themselves other than what we're reading about in the news.

Wow! Awesome Post.... Thank you!

Syndic wrote: »
    I find this strange too. Especially that they were reporting from a trial where his real full name would definitely have been stated.

Before he was ever mentioned in a paper, I always knew him by the longer name.

His sister still goes by the longer name, so I always wondered did he change it to try and hide who he was - granted not a very drastic change and not hard to guess!
    His Facebook name is just as obvious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 rickross

His sister still goes by the longer name, so I always wondered did he change it to try and hide who he was - granted not a very drastic change and not hard to guess!
    His Facebook name is just as obvious!

someone was sayin a few pages back, in other countries the state picks a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GuantanamoBaye

I was at JG's trial for a few days. His brief, the prosecution, the judge and the witnesses all referred to him by the four letter 'version' of his name.

Apologies for adding to the single digit count. Couldn't be arsed trawling up my username and password from years back.

Yea because he ratted on an oul pal of his, Carl Vogelar (price has a hit on) Carl served time for this.

Would he be stupid enough to rat on RL if pc gets lifted first ?

rickross wrote: »
    think the press printed it wrong in the first place. like only printed the first 4 letters and that was that.
    accidently on purpose?

Both NI and ROI outlets report the shortened name. Odd.

Is the longer name maybe just a pseudonym?

I was at JG's trial for a few days. His brief, the prosecution, the judge and the witnesses all referred to him by the four letter 'version' of his name.

Apologies for adding to the single digit count. Couldn't be arsed trawling up my username and password from years back.

I wonder did he change it by deed poll? Full names would have to be used in court. Very strange.

Haladmirer wrote: »
    The OM shooting doesn't look like RLs work
    RL mo is two in the head
    OM was a messy job.and unsuccessful

Depends on the circumstances he messed up before
    Anthony adodeji supposedly

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GuantanamoBaye

I wonder did he change it by deed poll? Full names would have to be used in court. Very strange.

I don't know. I've always been a bit confused when I see people using the longer version online.

I had been popping in fairly frequently and then missed the day it all fell apart. Raging!

• Advertisement

Over money apparently, and he owes KB €50k.
    IvoryTower wrote: »
    Why does price have a hit on vogs head? I knew vogs and pc were previously close by their facebook posts but didn't know they fell out

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement