Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Windows 98 Demo

Options
  • 22-03-2006 11:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ClickyClick

Its a good one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Exellent, still id take windows 98 anyday over crappy XP. it kills me a little inside every time i use it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Patricide wrote:
    Exellent, still id take windows 98 anyday over crappy XP. it kills me a little inside every time i use it.

Really, I would much prefer XP. But then your entitled to your opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

haha deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Haha, loving it. :D

I've found XP to be far more reliable than 98.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Old one.. seen it before!
    Patricide wrote:
    But eh.. you serious?!

That's like saying i'd rather take Windows 3.1 over Windows 98.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I'd take OS/2 over Windows 3.1 *groan*

You say "old". I say classic. :p

http://www.darlugo.com/?id=430&hp=1

*groans louder ooh yahhhh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

"That must be why we're not shipping Windows 98 yet..."
    I see it didn't stop them in the end eh? :rolleyes:

Good clip though, it's like that one where the guy who invented the ctrl+alt+del combo said to him "I may have invented it, but Bills the one who made it famous" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Where's me abacus? That hardly ever crashes... Much better than XP.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

How could u prefer 98, it doesnt work for new hardware, fcuking pain in the ass if u ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Devon

I even remember when that happened! Ahhh dem be de days...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

I miss the days of DOS! It really felt like you were using the computer properly when you had to type in all of the commands. None of this pagan mouse malarky!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Good old Windows 98 - so reliable. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

pimpy_c wrote:
    I miss the days of DOS! It really felt like you were using the computer properly when you had to type in all of the commands. None of this pagan mouse malarky!
    Just use Linux.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Did anyone not notice it slid in from the side.
    That was staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Thats a very famous clip. It happened for real, story has it that several people were fired on the spot over it understandably.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Deadlocked

[QUOTE=ChRoMe]Thats a very famous clip. It happened for real, story has it that several people were fired on the spot over it understandably.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, OLD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭xXxnaoisexXx

i dont get it lol! All i saw was a blue page come up on the comp how is that funny???:confused::)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

i dont get it lol! All i saw was a blue page come up on the comp how is that funny???:confused::)
    Basically, Windows 98 crashed! :D

It was quite funny! :)

And dare I say it, Windows 2000 Pro was the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I can't remember the last time I got a BSOD and I've been using win98se for y-e-a-r-s

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

No silly Question only silly answers remember, he was right to ask if he did not know,you sould like the bully in the class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

I find XP SP2 great, it has not crased in 12months+

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I thought this a houmor thread, not a windows 98 thread:confused::)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

I remember seeing this when it happened apperently the guy who caused it got fired was all over the papers at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

byte wrote:
    And dare I say it, Windows 2000 Pro was the best!
    I dunno, Win XP professional is working perfectly well for me, and personally once you have started down the XP path, forever will it dominate your OS decision making. I tried going from XP Home to Win 2K Pro but it just lacked that va va voom. so I upgraded to XP professional and the way I see it; you get all the glitz and glamour of XP and the reliability of 2k

Advertisement