Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inherited some Philips HTS3560 speakers - Can I use them?

Options
  • 28-07-2019 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

Hey there,

My cousin recently gave me these 5.1 speakers as she no longer needed them, but now that I've actually had a proper look I've realised there is no ports on the end of the wires - Instead each speak ends in bare exposed wire. Also it seems like these speakers were intended on connecting to a BluRay player or something as there doesn't actually seem to be anywhere for the speakers to all plug into. Normally I'd expect the woofer to have inputs but in this set it doesn't? :confused:

Is there actually anything I can do to rescue / refurbish these or am I better off just dumping them?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

If you only have the speakers, then you'd need an AV reciever to power them and a dvd or blu ray player to provide the sound etc - tbh, unless you had all of the necessary kit already, you wouldn't want to start building that kind of system just to utilise those speakers. What did you have in mind to do with them when you got them ?

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

I was thinking maybe I could connect them to my PC or something. I was thinking maybe I could connect 3.5 mm plug for computer audio to each speaker and set up a surround sound setup for the office.

I'm now questioning the effort that would take :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

You would need some form of amplification between the soundcard outputs and the speakers - I think this might not be worth the effort, you'd be better off getting appropriate powered speakers for a PC setup.

Ritz.

Advertisement