Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Constantly comparing myself!

• 09-10-2020 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Just endlessly comparing my body to other women & can't stop....I can't explain it. It could be to any skinny women but more often than not young girls, probably 10 years younger than me. So I'm guaranteed to feel s**t

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 962 ✭✭✭irishblessing

Comparison is the thief of joy. :)

And you can bet those skinny women are comparing themselves to the Kylie Jenner's or someone else they feel is more ideal. The key is in learning to love and accept yourself for exactly who you are. Don't underestimate the attractiveness in the confidence of being okay with exactly who you are..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Upforthematch

Are you competitive by nature?

Try comparing yourself to your 'best' you - how do you rank?

Depending on how you answer those two questions it might explain why you are doing something that your rational mind is telling you doesn't make sense.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Facebook Instagram etc everyone posts perfect photos

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It is laziness or sloth that men find unattractive. It is not necessarily big (or fat) women.

I was in a shop yesterday and there was a bird there that was bigger than average. But she was not fat either. It was obvious that she was conscious of her body, which was bigger than average and well built. But for me I found her really sexy because it was clear that she puts effort into her body and how she appears. I find that a real turn on.

And yes I am a men and yes we do spend half the afternoon leering at random strangers in shops, I am not ashamed of it one bit.

The reality is that it is other people who are attracted to you. You can be the most beautiful woman in the room to one person and the most ugliest person in the room to another. Never contrast or compare yourself with anyone or anything, it is sheepish and lacks character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Desperately lonely

No I'm not competitive. Suppose I can't for the life of me...embrace myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If you have so much spare time... volunteer with folk who have needs..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Start googling on how to learn to love yourself. It is a process but you can get there.

Things that help:

Deciding on your values and living by them
    Daily affirmations
    Active self care
    Exercise for fun, not appearance (walks, dancing, swimming etc)
    Treating yourself
    REFUSING to compare
    Viewing your body as an instrument, not an ornament. Look at all the amazing things it can do!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,943 ✭✭✭YellowLead

It’s all about perspective. Compare yourself to a woman who has to walk miles to collect dirty water for herself and her kids to drink and you will feel thankful.
    I don’t mean to trivialise your post - we have all been there at some stage in our lives, including myself. I had an overbite when I was younger and was constantly obsessing over other people’s perfect teeth! It’s usually when we are feeling low that we can’t help comparing ourselves to others we perceive to have greater luck in some aspect of life than ourselves - be it looks or career or family. But I find gratitude for what we DO have helps, and it’s humbling.

Advertisement