Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prison Planet

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

King Mob wrote: »
    Why would there be a risk to human health?

There is a note in the video that illudes to the tech causing cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

rtron wrote: »
    There is a note in the video that illudes to the tech causing cancer.

Ok. But how can it cause cancer?

Ok. But how can it cause cancer?

Until I read that in the video I didn't have a reason to think it did myself. I need to research it now as it's not explained well in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Until I read that in the video I didn't have a reason to think it did myself. I need to research it now as it's not explained well in the video.

Save yourself some time

It doesn't cause cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,878 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They are cutting all the trees down because of 5G!!!

Oh yeah and the sky is falling too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Again, you seem very desperate to believe in a conspiracy no matter how silly.

Up the standard of posting please

But why would you research it?
    5G can't cause cancer any more that it can control minds or control the weather.

There's no plausible mechanism by which it can cause cancer/control minds.

What did the video present that made you think it's possible or plausible?

But why would you research it?
    5G can't cause cancer any more that it can control minds or control the weather.

There's no plausible mechanism by which it can cause cancer/control minds.

What did the video present that made you think it's possible or plausible?

There was a section in the video about using materials that reduce cancer risks. That is what caught my attention to cancer possiblity.

There was a section in the video about using materials that reduce cancer risks. That is what caught my attention to cancer possiblity.
    But how can it cause cancer?

5G does not use ionising radiation so there isn't a known way by which it can cause cancer.

In the section of the video, what was being described and by who?
    I would guess it was the conspiracy theorist who made the video who is mischaracterising things to make them seem scarier than they are.

But how can it cause cancer?

In the section of the video, what was being described and by who?

The Patent number quoted in the video is US 10461421 B1 - would you know any good sites to to find patents?
    I just found this one but not sure of its authenticity: https://patentswarm.com/patents/US10461421B1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,474 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The Patent number quoted in the video is US 10461421 B1 - would you know any good sites to to find patents?
    I just found this one but not sure of its authenticity: https://patentswarm.com/patents/US10461421B1

Figuring out that the US patent office might have a website is beyond your ken?
    https://www.uspto.gov/
    Or even that it might have a searchable database of all the patents they have issued, is still to much research for you?
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html

But with a bit of reading you will be able to figure out the conspiracy and understand how 5g causes cancer?(It doesn't)
    But!
    Given the standard of research skills demonstrated to date, I look forward to your conclusions.

banie01 wrote: »
    Figuring out that the US patent office might have a website is beyond your ken?
    https://www.uspto.gov/
    Or even that it might have a searchable database of all the patents they have issued, is still to much research for you?
    http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html

But with a bit of reading you will be able to figure out the conspiracy and understand how 5g causes cancer?(It doesn't)
    But!
    Given the standard of research skills demonstrated to date, I look forward to your conclusions.

Nice one it is there.
    BTW I'm not entertaining that 5G causes cancer, its just the patent refers to the equipment such as phones, vehicles and Anntenna arrays reduces risk of cancer which is good to hear.
    But it implies there is a risk from the equipment which I never knew about before.

Nice one it is there.
    BTW I'm not entertaining that 5G causes cancer, its just the patent refers to the equipment such as phones, vehicles and Anntenna arrays reduces risk of cancer which is good to hear.
    But it implies there is a risk from the equipment which I never knew about before.

There isn't, the risk at any radio wave length is ionizing radiation. 5g and the vast majority of centimetric and millimetre wave emitting tech is non-ionizing.

RADAR and some other short wavelength emitters that utilize magnetron and or AESA can and will cause cancer. Phones won't.
    If such radio waves, FM, UHF and WiFi would have mutated and killed us years ago.

BTW the beam forming referred to in the Patent?
    Is a new implementation of an old tech, Electronicly scanned radar arrays and some WiFi routers use similar techniques.
    1 can cause cancer, the other doesn't because it's non ionizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,887 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

RADAR and some other short wavelength emitters that utilize magnetron and or AESA can and will cause cancer.

Rubbish.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,149 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

There isn't, the risk at any radio wave length is ionizing radiation. 5g and the vast majority of centimetric and millimetre wave emitting tech is non-ionizing.

RADAR and some other short wavelength emitters that utilize magnetron and or AESA can and will cause cancer. Phones won't.

pure nonsense. RADAR uses RF energy which is non-ionising. magnetrons also do not cause cancer. there is no mechanism for them to do that. pretty much every one of us have a magnetron in our homes. a microwave oven is basically a magnetron.

Rubbish.

pure nonsense. RADAR uses RF energy which is non-ionising. magnetrons also do not cause cancer. there is no mechanism for them to do that. pretty much every one of us have a magnetron in our homes. a microwave oven is basically a magnetron.

Mea Culpa on the portion above folks.
    Hotblack and Ohno, are 100% right and I honestly should have known better when I was typing.

My only excuse is that despite my knowing the difference and effect of Ionizing and non-ionizing...
    That I conflated issues with mm wave radars and other high power magnetron emitters with ionisation.
    Only reason I can think it happened is that I am a bit medicated at the present time.
    And the auld Foxbat radar cooking rabbits at distance popped into mind and my opioid addled brain seized on a wonky and erroneous train of thought.

PS, on microwaves on the home.
    Perfectly safe, even super so as they are built inside a Faraday cage.

Apologies again.
    I won't edit the post, but hope the correction here can stand :)

Cannot believe I messed up the RF and EMF spectrums like that ;)
    Rookie mistake :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,405 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Mea Culpa on the portion above folks.
    Hotblack and Ohno, are 100% right and I honestly should have known better when I was typing.

My only excuse is that despite my knowing the difference and effect of Ionizing and non-ionizing...
    That I conflated issues with mm wave radars and other high power magnetron emitters with ionisation.
    Only reason I can think it happened is that I am a bit medicated at the present time.
    And the auld Foxbat radar cooking rabbits at distance popped into mind and my opioid addled brain seized on a wonky and erroneous train of thought.

PS, on microwaves on the home.
    Perfectly safe, even super so as they are built inside a Faraday cage.

Apologies again.
    I won't edit the post, but hope the correction here can stand :)

Cannot believe I messed up the RF and EMF spectrums like that ;)
    Rookie mistake :pac:

We all have off days :D

We all have off days :D

Oxycontin and Oxynorm...
    What can I say other than they are a helluva combo :pac:

I mean my 1st sentence basically contradicts everything I said later on, but I powered on!

Advertisement