Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter slow to toilet train with poos

Options
  • 06-09-2020 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

Little girl is pretty well trained on wees for the past 2 - 3 weeks but is having regular poo accidents and one poo accident every day in creche. Any advice? She can do it I. The potty 50% of the time at home but never in creche. I think her preschool teacher is getting weary but what can I do? According to their policies, if a child is still having accidents after 2 weeks they would say they're not ready but she's ready and knows what to do and is v good with her wees. She even tells me if she's going to wee when I've already put her night pull up on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

My daughter hated the extra time it took to poo and often went in her pants rather than go to potty and miss out on play time.

Difficult to solve in a creche. We had potty sitting at door of playroom so she could go and still see what was going on. We also left her for a minute or two in the dirty pants so as she distinguished between being clean and comfortable and not.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Try the NHS app Poo goes to Pooland. It works really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

Are the crèche just saying to leave it a few weeks and try again or is it a case that she has to be toilet trained?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

How old is she?Poos take a lot more time I found, and patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

Are the crèche just saying to leave it a few weeks and try again or is it a case that she has to be toilet trained?

To be fair, no. They are not following their own policy, thankfully. This week has been better but she got the poo accident out of the way before creche this morning!

• Advertisement

shesty wrote: »
    How old is she?Poos take a lot more time I found, and patience.

Turning 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

73trix wrote: »
    Turning 3.

Still early days yet so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭scarepanda

My girl took 7 months to poo train. She was ready, knew all the sensations and stuff just wouldn't do it on the toilet/potty. She would tell us when she needed to go so we would put a pull up on her, do her business and tell us when she was finished... 5 minutes after putting on the pull up.

In the end at nearly 3.5yrs we put our foot down, had a big goodbye to her last pull up, we counted down the last 5, and then waited. 3 days later, after holding it in for that long we caught her at the right Moment and that was that. Now to our benefit, she wasn't a pants pooper. But the poops take time. At nearly 3 i wouldn't worry about the poos, just work with the wees. Will her child care work with ye on her being 'half trained'? We were lucky that her teachers in the preschool were brilliant working with us with whatever worked at home.

scarepanda wrote: »
    My girl took 7 months to poo train. She was ready, knew all the sensations and stuff just wouldn't do it on the toilet/potty. She would tell us when she needed to go so we would put a pull up on her, do her business and tell us when she was finished... 5 minutes after putting on the pull up.

In the end at nearly 3.5yrs we put our foot down, had a big goodbye to her last pull up, we counted down the last 5, and then waited. 3 days later, after holding it in for that long we caught her at the right Moment and that was that. Now to our benefit, she wasn't a pants pooper. But the poops take time. At nearly 3 i wouldn't worry about the poos, just work with the wees. Will her child care work with ye on her being 'half trained'? We were lucky that her teachers in the preschool were brilliant working with us with whatever worked at home.

That's interesting but she is a pants poop-er. Rarely does it in potty at home either. It's been ages since she has pied in potty actually, now that I think about it. Rarely tells us it's coming either. But tells us straight after the event! Creche haven't commented in past week. We'll persevere but it sure is slow.

Advertisement