Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 QuestionSpark

foreverme wrote: »
    Hi all. Has anybody received their link to the online assessment questionnaire? It has to be completed by this Thursday. Thanks. I haven't received mine yet.

Haven't received a link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

Hi all. Has anybody received their link to the online assessment questionnaire? It has to be completed by this Thursday. Thanks. I haven't received mine yet.

I haven't either! :(

Questionnaire link has been issued!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Got my questionnaire link this morning, completed it there. It took me about 25 minutes completely, hope that's okay.

Was a bit puzzled at the end as I thought you had to put in the end date for your current/last employment, but it only asked for it if you had a job as a TCO before.

How did ye all get on?

If you cannot figure our a PDF, you likely cannot do the typical tasks in the job, either.

That's what my granny said! :V she worked in Revenue for years and I was completing the online application while sitting beside her, she had a good laugh when I couldn't open/view the PDF, saying it was like that for a reason,

eventually got it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

Got my questionnaire link this morning, completed it there. It took me about 25 minutes completely, hope that's okay.

Was a bit puzzled at the end as I thought you had to put in the end date for your current/last employment, but it only asked for it if you had a job as a TCO before.

How did ye all get on?

How did you find the questionnaire ?.Is it much the same as last years one.

antod wrote: »
    How did you find the questionnaire ?.Is it much the same as last years one.

it was in my message box on publicjobs.ie and I got an email to notify me I had to complete it, I'm not sure, I never applied before

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭antod

it was in my message box on publicjobs.ie and I got an email to notify me I had to complete it, I'm not sure, I never applied before

Thanks. I was just wondering what's the test like this year.
    As i did the test last year.

antod wrote: »
    Thanks. I was just wondering what's the test like this year.
    As i did the test last year.

Completed the test earlier and, as far as I remember, it is the same as last year's.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

When’s the closing date for the online test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

When’s the closing date for the online test?

Thursday at 1pm sharp.

The results will issue about a week after the closing date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

finla wrote: »
    Well this is good. This wasn't in any of the previous information booklets before, as far as I know!
    Assignments will be to a temporary position. The duration and period of a temporary contract will vary from post to post. There is no entitlement to a permanent position. Notwithstanding the above paragraph on tenure, we retain the right to consider holding a confined Selection Process for established appointment to certain positions within the Civil Service in certain limited circumstances. Any process will be held in compliance with the Commission for Public Service Appointments (CPSA) Code of Practice for Atypical Appointments to positions in the Civil Service and certain Public Bodies.

In other words, they can make a TCO permanent in certain circumstances.

They did this before, during the embargo in the late 80s. The TCOs were called "yellow packs" after the then Superquinn own brand. Pay was £60 a week allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

AulWan wrote: »
    They did this before, during the embargo in the late 80s. The TCOs were called "yellow packs" after the then Superquinn own brand. Pay was £60 a week allowance.

Quinnsworth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

oleras wrote: »
    Quinnsworth ?

Maybe it was Quinnsworth!! It was one of them..

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

I read on a previous post that results of the online assessment would be known approximately one week after the closing date to complete it. Is that still the case considering it falls between Christmas and the New Year? I didn't even get called for interview in the 2019 campaign despite doing reasonably well in the assessment but I'm hoping for a better OOM this year. #impatientinthemidlands

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

I'm curious to know my OOM for the new panel but I was hoping to be called for the 2019 panel before the next one is formed and the cycle starts all over again; been next to be placed in my county since September! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Asdfghtabs

When are the results coming out?

Asdfghtabs wrote: »
    When are the results coming out?

Just checked and last year the results were issued on January 17th. Not sure about this year, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Early January apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Results out.

Bumping thread in case Search function is fecked for anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Got my result [snipped].

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Got a result for Cork. In the 90s on order of merit but i don't know what's good or not in these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Also had my result for Co. Limerick. Happy enough with my OOM, better than last time I applied in 2018. When I was eventually called for Stage 2 testing 10 months later, I'd got another job and was reasonably settled. Fingers crossed I won't have to wait as long this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Early 20s for Wexford. Happy with that ��

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

235 for Dublin. Just missed out on category A by 5, whatever that means

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Just got placed 50th for Donegal. No idea if this is good or poor for Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 suppet

30's for Kilkenny, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

20's for Offaly. I did much better than last year so I'm happy with it.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Got placed 74th for Waterford.
    Is 74th okay/bad/good for co. Waterford?

How long does it usually take to be invited for an interview, if this is the case?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Bottom third for Dublin. I can't seem to get what they're after in these tests.

Advertisement