Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

May 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭teggers5

cinloom wrote: »

Does anyone have their appointment with hospital sorted ? My doc told me she would take care of that but still have no news .
    I will be 12 weeks this week end. Cant wait to have this stage over

I'm still waiting too cinloom. My Dr sent a letter to the hospital and said I'd hear back from them closer to when I'm between 12 and 14 weeks. I'm almost 10 weeks now. I'm just dying to have my first scan and see bubba!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

Lucuma wrote: »
    I had my first appointment yesterday, saw the baby, bawled my eyes out (early scan doesn't count coz it doesn't look like a baby then!) everything is rosey in the garden and my dates have been brought forward so I'm 12 weeks today !!! The first trimester is OVER !!!!!!!!!!! Yip-a-dee-do-da, Yip-a-dee-yay

Huge congrats Lucuma, wow I wish that had happened at my appointment but I am 2 weeks away from 12 weeks. I cried at my scan too, such an unreal experience. Enjoy the second trimester, can't wait to join you.

teggers5 wrote: »
    I'm still waiting too cinloom. My Dr sent a letter to the hospital and said I'd hear back from them closer to when I'm between 12 and 14 weeks. I'm almost 10 weeks now. I'm just dying to have my first scan and see bubba!

Would you do a private scan Teggers? I know they cost but it might give you some reassurance. The waiting game is the worst. I have my 12 week scan tomorrow 2 weeks, it can't come fast enough!

Kathy22 wrote: »
    Would you do a private scan Teggers? I know they cost but it might give you some reassurance. The waiting game is the worst. I have my 12 week scan tomorrow 2 weeks, it can't come fast enough!

My impatience got the better of me and I rang the hospital.
    I have my appointment for the 9th November. I'm a little more relaxed now that I know it's less than 4 weeks away!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

i rang the secretary of my doc she says i should hear from the coombe shortly but didnt say how shortly it would be... one week two weeks ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

That's headwrecking not knowing the date of your appointments! At least once you know you can start breaking time down into little blocks and ticking them off....

God that's a pain cinloom. Hopefully you'll hear soon!
    Did you try ringing the Coombe directly?

Kathy22 wrote: »
    . I cried at my scan too, such an unreal experience.

Chalk it down !!!
    Honestly when I came out and was driving home, my heart was singing !!!
    If you could bottle that moment when you first clap eyes on your baby (let's face it at early scan it looks like a blob) and it actually looks like a baby......oh my god there are no words :):):):):):):):)

called the secretary doc i was supposed to have a scan this morning :-( never received their letter ....

called the secretary doc i was supposed to have a scan this morning :-( never received their letter ....

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How soon can they reschedule?

• Advertisement

Oh no!!! You must be fuming! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Who was meant to send you the letter? The Coombe and yet they sent it to your GP?

Either way, its bad form and hopefully they'll get you in for another scan ASAP

It was the coombe that was suppose to sent it on monday or tuesday for an appointment on thursday ...
    the nuchal scan is schedule for the 27 then

At least that's only 10 days away cinloom. They should really inform you by text or email as well as sending out a letter, especially if the letters don't get there on time

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭wuffly

That is so annoying Cinloom! Can't believe there isn't a better system for informing patients of appointments! Best of luck with it, it will fly around to the 27th. I've my 12 week on the 31st can't wait to see baby again, I don't Think it registered with me at all the last day, I was just so thrilled they were still there.
    I've had to tell my team I have a virus, they are so kind telling me I look awful:eek: I have broken out in horrendous acne so the constant 'whats wrong with your face?' is wrecking my head!

wuffly wrote: »
    That is so annoying Cinloom! Can't believe there isn't a better system for informing patients of appointments! Best of luck with it, it will fly around to the 27th. I've my 12 week on the 31st can't wait to see baby again, I don't Think it registered with me at all the last day, I was just so thrilled they were still there.
    I've had to tell my team I have a virus, they are so kind telling me I look awful:eek: I have broken out in horrendous acne so the constant 'whats wrong with your face?' is wrecking my head!

Sorry to hear wuffly, my skin has been really dry of late and I have dandruff which I havent had in years. Not sure if its pregnancy related but it seems to do weird things to peoples skin.I remember my friend got thicker hair when pregnant - wish that would happen to me ... LOL! Best of luck at your scan, mine is the day before on the 30th. I wish I could fast forward to then, dying to go to it!

Best of luck with your scan Kathy22, i am wishing the time away! Not in a rush to tell anyone but I am a useless liar and have dodge so many things at the moment. 12 weeks of hiding it seems easy until you actually have to do it yourself!
    I don't know what's going on with my skin, feel a bit like I am falling apart, hopefully it will resolve on its own, tried a few different brands of cleansers/moisturizer looks like its clearing up then gets worse than before. Have you tried Head & Shoulders for dandruff my OH can't use anything else and it keeps it well in check, he is like a snow machine if we go on hols and don't bring it!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Hi ladies. Congratulations to you all. I am due start of May, first baby so is exciting/terrifying! We had a scan yesterday at 12.5 weeks. We had had earlier ones and the difference in this one was unreal. Looked like we were getting a wave and definitely looks more baby and less blob like. We have told everyone now which makes it seem so much more real. Funny to be posting here after being in the 2015 brides earlier in the year! Wishing you all a healthy 9 months.

wuffly wrote: »
    Best of luck with your scan Kathy22, i am wishing the time away! Not in a rush to tell anyone but I am a useless liar and have dodge so many things at the moment. 12 weeks of hiding it seems easy until you actually have to do it yourself!
    I don't know what's going on with my skin, feel a bit like I am falling apart, hopefully it will resolve on its own, tried a few different brands of cleansers/moisturizer looks like its clearing up then gets worse than before. Have you tried Head & Shoulders for dandruff my OH can't use anything else and it keeps it well in check, he is like a snow machine if we go on hols and don't bring it!

I have tried head and shoulders and I am lathering up on moistuiser, my skin is so dry!! My friend recommended the Burt's Bees mama bee range especially the oil.

Best of luck for your scan this week, this time tomorrow we will be in the middle of it. Can't wait :D

bluebell27 wrote: »
    Hi ladies. Congratulations to you all. I am due start of May, first baby so is exciting/terrifying! We had a scan yesterday at 12.5 weeks. We had had earlier ones and the difference in this one was unreal. Looked like we were getting a wave and definitely looks more baby and less blob like. We have told everyone now which makes it seem so much more real. Funny to be posting here after being in the 2015 brides earlier in the year! Wishing you all a healthy 9 months.

Huge congrats bluebell and welcome to the thread. Hopefully soon we will all have had our scans and can feel more confident with everything :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations bluebell, got my scan tuesday, Baby is growing nicely :-)

Congrats bluebell!! Cinloom glad your scan went well. Best of luck tomorrow Kathy! Can't wait until Saturday! I'll check out the burts bees stuff, today i got asked if I had shingles! My faces feels like a crocodiles ass!!

bluebell27 wrote: »

Bluebell I was on 2015 brides as well, congrats! Wedding has been long forgotten now Bleurgh.........(I'm suffering awful nausea) :( although I do find myself daydreaming about what it was like to drink til 5am ....

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bluebell27

Thanks for the welcome ladies! Glad to hear other scans have gone well too. Kathy hope all is good at yours next week, you are on the final count down now. Feel so sorry for those of you that you are sick. I have been incredibly lucky and have had no sickness, only the insane tiredness. Hope the sickness fades for you all soon as we get in to second trimester!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I've been missing for a long while now. Congratulations everyone. Wishing you all healthy pregnancies.

Sadly I'm bowing out. After 6 weeks of horrific morning sickness I miscarried at 11 weeks :(

Good luck to all of you x

McBubbles I'm so sorry for your loss, I've been there and I know there is nothing anyone can say. I hope you are being looked after, be kind to yourself. If you do want to talk feel free to pm me xx

So sorry to hear that McBubbles :( Xx

oh no sorry for you loss McBubbles

McBubbles so sorry to hear, I cannot even begin to imagine how you feel. Take some time to look after yourself, thoughts with you.

• Advertisement

McBubbles I'm so sorry for your loss :-( And you would think morning sickness implies high levels of pregnancy hormones, just goes to show that idea is a false friend :-( I've seen that happen on here before where the person who started the thread had an mc and I thought it must be hard for them to see that thread Always with the month, year that their baby should have been born and their name next to it. If you want me to start a new May 2016 thread so you're spared that let me know?

Advertisement