Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational pension has poor returns

Options
  • 20-10-2020 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

I'm a PAYE employee and I already have a pension (Mercer) set up with my employer that they match my contribution of 5%. There is a built in calculator to show the amount that I should have at retirement age and it's half the avarage of 8% i.e. S&P500, I even have it set to the highest risk fund, I am looking to contribute the rest of my tax relief/AVC's to a PRSA with Davy select probably in a s&p500 ETF

I am wondering are you allowed have a PRSA if you have an occupational pension with your employer already, thanks for any replies

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The content of your post has nothing to do with the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Would it not be easier to:
    1) pay AVC into your existing scheme via salary deduction
    2) change your current fund holdings if you feel the fund growth is poor?

What are your current funds? Are you limited in your fund selection by Trustees? Can you not switch to better performing funds?

Surely they would be easier options than opening a new Prsa and managing contributions to this outside of payroll, additional costs etc

Advertisement