Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAP for single person

Options
  • 17-10-2020 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello

Can someone please tell me how much HAP contributes to rent - roughly?

I am single, living at home, earning €600 per week before tax and I believe I am eligible for tax. I live and work in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and cannot afford rent here. I just want to get an idea is it low, 15/20% of your rent or is it most of your rent - I know nothing about it

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭wifey28

khc wrote: »
    Hello

Can someone please tell me how much HAP contributes to rent - roughly?

I am single, living at home, earning €600 per week before tax and I believe I am eligible for tax. I live and work in Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown and cannot afford rent here. I just want to get an idea is it low, 15/20% of your rent or is it most of your rent - I know nothing about it

TIA

Have you applied to your local housing list?

You need to be assessed as being in need of housing firs to be eligible for hap.

The income limit for a single person in your area is around 35k net income.

It can take up to 16 weeks for an application to be processed for the housing lists.

How much hap covers varies per county,
    In dublin the hap limit is 660 euro for a single person. However if your single and in shared accommodation its only 430 euro

You can see alot of info here
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/housing_assistance_payment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭khc

Thanks very much. I've filled out the application form for social housing support. My income is about €20k - €28k p/a, low income and part time. That's lower than I expected, the average rent here for a one bed is about €1,500. Such a nightmare

Advertisement