Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas 2018 Biker presents

Options
  • 29-11-2018 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

We had one of these threads in the past where people shared their biker Christmas presents.

Since I'm so nice to myself and I need a new bike camera I ordered this badboy !

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket?vid=48141

Whats Santy bringing you ?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭blade1

D3V!L wrote: »
    We had one of these threads in the past where people shared their biker Christmas presents.

Since I'm so nice to myself and I need a new bike camera I ordered this badboy !

https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-pocket?vid=48141

Whats Santy bringing you ?? :D

Me like you,I also like to be nice to myself so bought this on black Friday.
    Arai RX-7V Pedrosa Spirit Gold
    20% off in Crossans

fva5mp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

Simona1986 wrote: »

You might find this useful then :)
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/12V-Motorcycle-24SMD-LED-Rear-Tail-Light-ATV-Scooter-Bike-Brake-Stop-Lamp-Red-MP/173142770648?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
    Replace your stock reflector with one that you can use as an additional brake light, they work good

mamax wrote: »
    Replace your stock reflector with one that you can use as an additional brake light, they work good

What's a rear reflector ;)

467152.jpeg

467153.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I see you use an Oxford Oximiser,yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

That's one of the nicest SVs I've seen.

blade1 wrote:
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I see you use an Oxford Oximiser,yeah?

I use an optimate charger overnight when the bikes in the garage but it probably has the same connection

My helmet just arrived!
    5mlegz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Notch000

you should buy your self some tax for christmas:D
    Simona1986 wrote: »
    What's a rear reflector ;)

467152.jpeg

467153.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

got myself a shoei x spirit 3 laverty and heated grips, the new 9 step oxford ones

love the helmet, thinking of getting a yellow tinted visor, anyone ever use one and is it any good for better visibility on rainy overcast days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Kinda pissed at this ad showing up on top of this thread tbh:

467998.png

468000.png

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Yep more anti biking bullsh1t from the RSA
    As with almost every xmas gift motorised or otherwise the user must be aware of the dangers and take the appropriate precautions.

I can't find quads or scramblers on the list of the 10 most dangerous toys of 2017
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/childrens-products/toy-reviews/news/a46909/2017-most-dangerous-toys/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

mamax wrote: »
    Yep more anti biking bullsh1t from the RSA
    As with almost every xmas gift motorised or otherwise the user must be aware of the dangers and take the appropriate precautions.

I can't find quads or scramblers on the list of the 10 most dangerous toys of 2017
    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/childrens-products/toy-reviews/news/a46909/2017-most-dangerous-toys/

Horses & ponies more dangerous imho

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Not anti biking IMO, if you're thinking of a bike or quad as a toy you're asking for trouble.

No idea why it's on a biking thread as we DO know better

bladespin wrote: »
    Not anti biking IMO, if you're thinking of a bike or quad as a toy you're asking for trouble.

People have sports car's, motorcycles and quads as toys, it's not the toy's fault :D
    Why don't the RSA have warnings for skateboards, pedal carts and bmx bikes ? all of which I've seen kids have serious accidents on public roads ?

There's no substitute for stupidity and common sense ain't all that common ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

I would imagine this is aimed at the dubs who will get them for christmas and bate around their estates on them.

Best part of moving down the country was the trails which admittedly I rarely use anymore. New years resolution. More off roading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭sonic85

got myself a shoei x spirit 3 laverty and heated grips, the new 9 step oxford ones

love the helmet, thinking of getting a yellow tinted visor, anyone ever use one and is it any good for better visibility on rainy overcast days?

That helmet is beautiful fair play. Ive lusted after one of those for ages but just couldn't bring myself to part with that much cash!

I booked a couple of places in the Ron Haslam Race School for next year for myself and the brother. That's my Xmas and birthday presents sorted! Really looking forward to it

Advertisement