Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

muck and fun wicklow?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tightspeedos

With all the bad reviews and negative stories regarding that particular shop ....( I know someone who had a lot of hassle over a motocrosser from them ) .... does anyone here also think it's very bad form for donedeal to continue providing them with a platform to promote themselves.
    I appreciate donedeal is not entirely responsible for the content of the ads but to be fair to them they do take down scams etc.
    This particular establishment is little more than a scam and the ads only serve to catch new victims

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alidawes

I completely agree. I saw the offer for two bikes for discounted rates with full 1 year warranty with 2 free services and telephone support fort life. I went with this offer and received two bikes which were different spec than we ordered only to be told we accepted the bikes and used them so when we found out they were slower bikes they wouldn’t change them to the bikes we bought. When we had an issue we were told they only make 20 euro on the bikes and can’t offer the warranty anymore. The telephone support wAs laughable. I can’t believe I used this company. I took the bikes to be fixed and potentially changed to the correct spec only to be told they weren’t offering the warranty and we had to come and pick the broken bikes back up. Hopefully the courts will resolve the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Goose81

Lads wtf are you doing buying bikes from these clowns.

Telephone support for life, more fool are you. Who do you think would ever offer this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

alidawes wrote: »
    I completely agree. I saw the offer for two bikes for discounted rates with full 1 year warranty with 2 free services and telephone support fort life. I went with this offer and received two bikes which were different spec than we ordered only to be told we accepted the bikes and used them so when we found out they were slower bikes they wouldn’t change them to the bikes we bought. When we had an issue we were told they only make 20 euro on the bikes and can’t offer the warranty anymore. The telephone support wAs laughable. I can’t believe I used this company. I took the bikes to be fixed and potentially changed to the correct spec only to be told they weren’t offering the warranty and we had to come and pick the broken bikes back up. Hopefully the courts will resolve the matter

Courts can make a judgement, getting it enforced is what will break you and these companies/people know the game better than most.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 alidawes

Do you think I’m pissing in the wind trying to get them repaired or replaced . Would small claims be the only way forward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I personally found small claims to be so slow and a waist of time and i wasn't dealing with a company in the same league as these guys.... my claim went on for months and months and i eventually got the hump and lit up their Facebook page as well as a few threads on forums. Should have done this from the start because i got a phone call the following day and had all my money returned with some free stuff that same evening..... i took down all the stuff i put online as part of it.

If your going the small claims route you are in for a very long drawn out ride that may get you bo further than you are now

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David J Walsh

Has anybody bought any of the 36v cobra dirt bikes from muck and fun??

Guy down the road from us has an electric motorcycle, I thought it came from the north but I'll find out where. No noise from it and his young lad is always up and down the field behind our house. I wouldn't buy anything from them, you need to "Duck and Run".

Do you think I’m pissing in the wind trying to get them repaired or replaced . Would small claims be the only way forward

As another poster said the court process is long and tedious. When you eventually get a judgement then the process becomes even more tedious and longer. Companies and people you are dealing with know the system and play it to their advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blaaboi

I am going to small claim court about muck and fun.
    real dodgy work by this crowd only a matter of time before a poor child gets injured off the scrap he is sending out the door.
    buying from them is one thing, their mechanical work is another story completely!

they tried to repair my bike with wrong pieces from an entirely different machine
    surely to god in this day and age companies like this can be closed down?

hopefully be settled in the next couple of weeks I have been waiting months.
    anybody know how long it will take to get the money back if I do get a refund?
    also if anyone has experience and wants to send it in mail I will gladly do the same for anyone else taking them to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

blaaboi wrote: »
    hi
    can you please let me know your experience with them?

What happened to you ?

• Advertisement

real dodgy work by this crowd only a matter of time before a poor child gets injured off the scrap he is sending out the door.
    buying from them is one thing, their mechanical work is another story completely!

they tried to repair my bike with wrong pieces from an entirely different machine
    surely to god in this day and age companies like this can be closed down?

hopefully be settled in the next couple of weeks I have been waiting months.
    anybody know how long it will take to get the money back if I do get a refund?
    also if anyone has experience and wants to send it in mail I will gladly do the same for anyone else taking them to court.

When you get a judgement and they ignore it you then need to engage the sherif and pay them to chase the money. And all that is if they are still trading under the name you bought from, if they have changed name then you get nothing.

devil I edited my post..
    took a bike to be repaired at his premises after a valve dropped.
    they said maximum repair cost would be €800 so I had my bike couriered to Wicklow.. then I get a phone call saying the bike is worse than first thought and will be €1150 after already paying the courier costs I decided to go ahead with the quote.. a full engine rebuild takes 3 days for a mechanic to complete and that's with plenty of time they had my bike for 10 weeks in the shop.

I get a phone call saying the bike is ready but its actually going to cost €1250 now so I drive to Wicklow pay Owen Doran at his desk the full amount plus €70 courier fees without seeing my bike first.
    that's where the nightmare begins..

the bike is delivered down with half of the original engine and half of an engine from a completely different bike the bolt holes don't line up. oil is leaking from the engine in multiple places and the bike is revving itself when started up

I send it back up (at my cost) and then it is sent back down with the same leaks and now with a cracked carb leaking fuel.

bare in mind all this time I am paying insurance on my bike and tax

the staff tried every trick in the book to pawn me off when I was lucky enough to get an answer on the phone, alex not working their anymore, Owen busy with a customer, they will call me back ect ect.

they tried to say another company carried out the work on my bike even though it was stripped down in their shop and I seen it with my own eyes being worked on there
    plus I have courier receipts to and from his workshop and a hand written receipt from Owen himself.

Owen assures me that its ok to use the parts he fitted so I paid for a new carb from England and 6hrs running in (off road because my insurance + tax is now void because of the mix matched engine) the head gasket goes and I am back to square one with a broken bike.

I could literally go on and on

@del2005 is there any time frame on that?
    I know they can seize stuff from the shop and I doubt they will go to the bother of changing the name ect for the sake of just over a grand still a possibility though.

I know it can take a while but usually there is no escape from the long dick of the law

I know they can seize stuff from the shop and I doubt they will go to the bother of changing the name ect for the sake of just over a grand still a possibility though.

I know it can take a while but usually there is no escape from the long dick of the law

I've no idea I just know that it's a long tedious process with little chance of satisfaction. It's not just you they scammed.

Unfortunately in this country its very easy to ignore court judgements with zero consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They have traded under different names before. Which is probably in line with what Del has said.

Planet fun
    Muck and fun

Owen Doran has back tracked so much its hilarious, you know what they say when your in a hole stop digging.
    I don't know what he is even disputing at this stage.
    we had the whole I didn't do the work episode then last contact I had he was saying that I wouldn't pay for more work that needed to be done on the bike when a few weeks before that he offered a partial refund and apologised for the work that was done on the bike.

I have gone full sherlock holmes mode and have all emails saved, phone calls recorded reviews printed off ect.
    I have all the time in the world to wait and will go into the court with a folder of paper work, he will probably turn up with his arms swinging.

Owen Doran has back tracked so much its hilarious, you know what they say when your in a hole stop digging.
    I don't know what he is even disputing at this stage.
    we had the whole I didn't do the work episode then last contact I had he was saying that I wouldn't pay for more work that needed to be done on the bike when a few weeks before that he offered a partial refund and apologised for the work that was done on the bike.

I have gone full sherlock holmes mode and have all emails saved, phone calls recorded reviews printed off ect.
    I have all the time in the world to wait and will go into the court with a folder of paper work, he will probably turn up with his arms swinging.

He'll change the company name and keep laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Del2005 wrote: »
    He'll change the company name and keep laughing.

He will while guys keep going to him..he's well known at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

He will while guys keep going to him..he's well known at this stage....

I live in Wicklow about 15km from his place"Duck and Run".
    Very very few of his sales are from the Wicklow area. Pretty much everyone knows their reputation for shoddy under specced Chinese crap.
    The guy is a fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

I remember when Owen Doran first started selling out of the back of his house in Porterstown, must be over 15 years ago. He was just dealing with RC cars and gopeds at the time. I bought a RC car off him. Found him to be decent back then.

I dealt with him for maybe the next 3-4 years, bought two new Bandits off him and a few other toys when he was a suzuki dealer working out of the shop in Clonsilla. Never had an ounce of trouble with wither the bikes or him. Last time I dealt with him or saw him was before the CAB raid however.

Seems to have gone to pot since then. Some of the stories I read about them are shocking. Sounds like I might have been very lucky.

Just spent about 10 mins reading the Google reviews of muck and fun. Quite funny to actually read all the 5 star shill reviews (from people with only one review lol) obviously written by Eoin of somebody else in the company.

• Advertisement

Why would you buy a bike off a guy that sells toys..:P...Reminds me of years ago with Jack Nolans on the Coombe, you could pick up a new 22" Bush and a GS750.....and a cot.......:)

Why would you buy a bike off a guy that sells toys..:P...Reminds me of years ago with Jack Nolans on the Coombe, you could pick up a new 22" Bush and a GS750.....and a cot.......:)

The shop in Clonsilla was actually pretty impressive when it first opened. Lots of brand new bikes. He was a main dealer for a few of the big brands.

Turns out they were all funded with drug money though lol :eek:

There's nothing wrong with someone selling loads of different products if they are responsible. You still have plenty of scam artists selling single products.

ill update here with how things go for me with the court process.
    I first sent the bike up to him on 23rd august 2017
    he wont get a moments luck in the long run.
    heres a news article I found.
    https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/wicklow-people-arklow/20170426/283553745508796

• Registered Users Posts: 34,036 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

How very dare you :p Nolans were sound as a pound, like Mountjoy they're a sad loss to the trade.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 David J Walsh

These guys are prue doggers. I don't know how they get away with it.

These guys are prue doggers. I don't know how they get away with it.

Think thats a whole different thread .....:P

If anyone can send their experience with muck and fun to me it would be much appreciated.
    ill print it off and bring it to the court with me.

If anyone can send their experience with muck and fun to me it would be much appreciated.
    ill print it off and bring it to the court with me.

Although you could probably fill a book with stories of peoples bad experiences with them, no court will be interested in it unfortunately.

• Advertisement

yea I have a good few already the internet is full of them, even since posting in this thread I Have had PMs from people in the same boat.
    I cant understand why a court wouldn't be interested in evidence like that. I thought that's the fundamental aspect of presenting my case, other people with the same experiences.
    either way for the sake of a couple cents worth of ink I will print them off and bring them with me.
    its better to have and not need than need and not have.

they are probably on first name terms in the district court by the sounds of it.

if that was my only bike I would be climbing the walls. waiting a year to even get into the court room. then sheriff ect on top. joke of a system.
    I have a couple other bikes so I am happy enough to cover up the wr426 and trust that Stevie wonder could see the quality of the work they did to that poor bike.
    I have a rake of pictures here if anyone knows anything about mechanics you will get a laugh at least, anyone know how to upload images here?

Advertisement