Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any thoughts on the attached finished LPG tank install job

Options
  • 10-09-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭

Does the direction of the lever valve handles matter?
    Should all plastic hand covers be yellow?
    The timber supports are a joke

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Who's tank is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

DGOBS wrote: »
    Who's tank is it?

Flogas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Flogas

Did they say that it's being left like that?
    Can you post some more pics showing the full tank, the pipes and timbers in one shot.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Did they say that it's being left like that?
    Can you post some more pics showing the full tank, the pipes and timbers in one shot.

Thats all I have at the moment, its 2 hrs away, will be back there on 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Thats all I have at the moment, its 2 hrs away, will be back there on 26th.

Ah, ok, I thought it was your own place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Dunno about yellow handles - although I imagine gas safe stuff would be coloured other than stuff you'd get to isolate air and water (which is where I've seen those valves applied).

Re: the woodwork. Absolute ****e. There is no way in heaven and earth that that could be deemed up to any gas code standard. Proper bracketing takes account of the fact that things will get knocked and won't be designed with a view to the lifetime of wood that will rot. Proper gas design will be robust and overdone - not tethering on the edge. It's gas for fecks sake.

Take that vertical strut holding up that long piped corner. If in anyway kosher (and wood isn't going to be kosher) it would have a strap around the pipe and onto the strut to stop the strut being knocked out and the pipe sagging (I can't see if the strut is fixed firmly down low). There isn't even a vee cut in the pipe to make this bodge a workable, non-code bodge.

Email the photos to the supplier with a cc to a fake engineering/legal sounding address and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Has to be just construction work surely while they get brackets made up.
    Nobody could sign off on that and even if they did, would a delivery driver fill a tank with a setup like that?

mickdw wrote: »
    Has to be just construction work surely while they get brackets made up.
    Nobody could sign off on that and even if they did, would a delivery driver fill a tank with a setup like that?

Thats what I thought, but the building manager thought they were finished.
    Tanks are full and system fully operational

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

You can get someone out to check compliance - flogas should provide them themselves if requested. ...You probably need to get them to do it actually.

We had multiple issues with our calor tank and it was turned off until they were rectified and a new tank put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Darando

Check the code on the blue valve - you can then check if approved for gas use. Quick check it looks like the yellow PB700 is approved..no expert though

https://www.pegleryorkshire.co.uk/EN/Brands/Pegler/Ball_Valves/Threaded_Ballvalves/product/PB700_Chromium_Plated_Brass_Full_Bore_Ball_Valve_Yellow_Lever_Handle_PN40

• Advertisement
Advertisement