Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bjorg Lambrecht RIP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Very sad :(

RIP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

RIP

Jesus I heard rob hatch mention he had to be resuscitated during the race today and was taken to hospital. Poor fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Read earlier today he'd been taken to hospital just went on Twitter now and saw the bad news. Awful stuff and so young

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

What a terrible accident and tragic loss. He really began to come to notice in the Ardennes races this year, I hadnt heard of him previously, but he seemed to have a very bright future. His family must be devastated

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

22 years of age jesus such a loss. Horrific news for his friends and family. R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Absolutely terrible news. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

So very sad. RIP Bjorg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Salt Lake Stallion

Such tragic news, RIP Bjorg.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

RIP :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lotto team riding at the front and spread across the road at the minute. Berni Eisel was up chatting to them for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

RIP. Awful tragedy.

They had a minutes silence there before crossing the finishing line. Tough to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Tough to watch indeed. In tears myself too. Saddest stage I've ever watched. :(

R.I.P. Bjorg Lambrecht.

Don't know what Eurosport showed from today's stage, so few quick photos from Polish TV. Apologies for poor quality, recorded entire stage to make decent captures later.

That was 48th kilometre Bjorg crashed yesterday. Today's 48th kilometre everybody stopped to pay tribute.

487349.jpg

Note Tomasz Marczyński keeping number 143 under his jersey.

The commentators claimed they talked to at least one eyewitness from the peloton. Long straight stretch, smooth surface, speed approx 35-40 km/h. It looks quite likely Bjorg hit a cateye, hand fell off handlebar, lost control and hit concrete culvert.

Cateye:

487352.jpg

Culvert:

487351.jpg

Not yet confirmed though, investigation's in progress.

Advertisement