Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de Kilkenny 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Last one for you any way I can purchase a size large t shirt from youse? .signed up on the day and forgot all about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

AxleAddict wrote: »
    ... That being said, even when GPX'es are provided, there are still those who just can't be bothered (or don't know how) to load them...
    You make it sound like uploading a route into a device is a mandatory requirement. Thousands of cyclists don't use any GPS devices. What did you do before Garmin, Strava etc,?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

My post wasn't intended to mean that it should be - but for the organisers it would require only a tiny effort and a decent percentage of people wouldn't even need to look for the signage or follow marshall instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Had a great day Saturday. I did the 110, having missed it for a couple of years.

The tour de Kilkenny was the first sportive I ever did back when I started cycling properly about 6/7 years ago. I was so nervous about the event that I forgot my helmet, one of the MCC guys got me a loan of one so that I got out with the first route. - a gpx file would be the least of my worries with a head like that.

I really enjoyed it again this year. Forgot how much climbing there is on it though!

It was very well organised in fairness and there was plenty of food etc. on top of that all of the volunteers were very friendly and helpful. It's great to see well run events like this.
    A buddy of mine came with me this year, he had as great day too. We'll both be back next year, with a few more in tow, maybe chance the 160 🀔

Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't want to make too big a deal on one missing sign tbh. That was my only fault of the day.

Unless there was someone else stung, I assume we were in company for at least part of the post 110/160 split The Noble Nudge? Up until the climb from the last water anyway.

btw, I do like to have the route mapped, but a gpx is a nice to have, rather than a necessity to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Marble City Cyclers

Last one for you any way I can purchase a size large t shirt from youse? .signed up on the day and forgot all about it.

I had a look but we are out of Large t shirts, sorry.

They were very popular so we may go for the same colour again next year!

I had a look but we are out of Large t shirts, sorry.

They were very popular so we may go for the same colour again next year!

I see you have one on the lost and found section on FB...
    If the owner doesnt come forward I can send you a few bob...
    Ive a full 12 months to make excuses for next year!! ;)

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I don't want to make too big a deal on one missing sign tbh. That was my only fault of the day.

Unless there was someone else stung, I assume we were in company for at least part of the post 110/160 split The Noble Nudge? Up until the climb from the last water anyway.

btw, I do like to have the route mapped, but a gpx is a nice to have, rather than a necessity to be honest.

Bray wheelers kit?
    The climb is were I start going backwards alright!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Bray wheelers kit?
    Yep

Advertisement