Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving Licence Centre Opening Hours

• 27-05-2017 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

I had to renew my driving licence recently. You can't do it by post anymore. You have to present yourself at a driving licence centre to have your photograph taken, prove your ID and provide a digital signature.

Fair enough. But if these are now the requirements surely the Driving Licence Centres shouldn't only be open from 9 - 5 during the week, and for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning when it's practically impossible to get an appointment.

I had to take an afternoon off work to drive out to one of only three centres in Dublin to get my new licence.

A colleague, whose photograph had become slightly detatched from his old licence, had to come back the following day with his passport as ID, so had to take a couple of extra hours off work on top of having to use up a half day of annual leave.

What happens to people who can't use their annual leave days as and when they like, or who find it really difficult to get an hour or two off work for something like this?

My doctor and dentist both start seeing patients at 8 pm. NCT centres are open until 9 o'clock at night, and all day Saturday. Surely Driving Licence Centres should accommodate working people too given it's now the law to turn up in person?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

...and what's the deal with airline food!?

*bass jingle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I had to renew my driving licence recently. You can't do it by post anymore. You have to present yourself at a driving licence centre to have your photograph taken, prove your ID and provide a digital signature.

Fair enough. But if these are now the requirements surely the Driving Licence Centres shouldn't only be open from 9 - 5 during the week, and for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning when it's practically impossible to get an appointment.

I had to take an afternoon off work to drive out to one of only three centres in Dublin to get my new licence.

A colleague, whose photograph had become slightly detatched from his old licence, had to come back the following day with his passport as ID, so had to take a couple of extra hours off work on top of having to use up a half day of annual leave.

What happens to people who can't use their annual leave days as and when they like, or who find it really difficult to get an hour or two off work for something like this?

My doctor and dentist both start seeing patients at 8 pm. NCT centres are open until 9 o'clock at night, and all day Saturday. Surely Driving Licence Centres should accommodate working people too given it's now the law to turn up in person?

Do you work six days a week, every week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Another thread that proves people who work 9-5 are naturally misreable :p

Come over to the dark side OP, you won't regret it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I know someone who just went to the centre, and we only have one for the whole county, on speck just this morning and was sorted in little or no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

me_irl wrote: »
    ...and what's the deal with airline food!?

*bass jingle*

Airline food is usually good, however the effect of flying and cabin pressure numbs your taste buds making food taste meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You don't even need an appointment in a lot of the centers in my experiences! Just turn up and they'll see you.

Advertisement