Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drones.....

Options
  • 27-05-2017 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

Just thinking of all the people who bought drones over Christmas and the sudden uptake and interest in them over the past while

Did you ever buy a drone and do you still use it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

A few days ago:

9yo son: Can I get a drone?

Me: Why?

9yo son: Me and my friend Chloe said we will get one each and she can look at me in the bath and I can look at her in her bedroom.

Me: No

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just so people know, drones are covered very well in law, so before anyone splashes on one, the main points to note are:

- You need a licence to fly in public
    - You cannot fly within 5km of an airport or military base
    - You cannot fly over people
    - You cannot fly over public roads
    - You cannot take your eyes off the drone, so no phone/VR control
    - Fines from the IAA are quite high

Drones are awesome, but the general public are making it harder for genuine users to operate them. Plus, if i ever saw one on, over or looking into my property, i wouldn't be long trying to knock it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Just so people know, drones are covered very well in law, so before anyone splashes on one, the main points to note are:

- You need a licence to fly in public
    - You cannot fly within 5km of an airport or military base
    - You cannot fly over people
    - You cannot fly over public roads
    - You cannot take your eyes off the drone, so no phone/VR control
    - Fines from the IAA are quite high

Drones are awesome, but the general public are making it harder for genuine users to operate them. Plus, if i ever saw one on, over or looking into my property, i wouldn't be long trying to knock it down.

Where do you live... challenge accepted!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Erik Shin wrote: »
    Where do you live... challenge accepted!

Limerick kiiiiiiiid. I'll knock your drone down with a flying tackie!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Drone owners always seem to fall under a certain umbrella.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

anti_drone_eagles.png

Advertisement