Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been jumped or mugged while walking in South Dublin?

2»

Comments

Absolutely I agree. Some of the dirtbags I see jumping onto buses/dart with free passes is scary. Not that the driver can do much about it anyway but the whole system is crazy.

I was just pointing out that people from the country (like me) often have a warped view of parts of South Dublin. You can buy a house for 10 million quid on Vico Road and still have some rough neighbours not too far down the road.

Bono, he is from the north side of Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Not me but a friend got hit in the face and badly injured in Inchicore. About 6pm broad daylight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Mugged in Stillorgan?

What, did someone threaten to hit them with a bag of organic gluten free cous cous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Actually, in fairness I did have someone shout abuse at me and try to punch me in Dalkey one night.

He was about 90, couldn't stand and missed me by about a metre. It was the best laugh of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Do people from Dublin realise there are another 25 counties where things also happen? What if I wanted to share my exciting mugging story? :D

Or is there a reason why this post is so specific? I've noticed a few of them have been, over the past few days. Odd...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

I've lived in Stillorgan for 33 years, never a problem, except once.
    In the shopping centre I was crossing the car park when a Johnnie Walker (whiskey) white van missed me by inches. He was going at speed the wrong way in the one-way.
    Just inside Tesco I said to him that he was driving dangerously and could have hit me. He leaned over me threateningly, and asked me to start something.
    Just then a guy in a suit in his mid 20s, about 6'5" and strong, leaned over him and said he thought it was dangerous.
    I was saved.
    I believe in guardian angels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Did anyone ever rob the robber? I was getting mugged one day but decided to switch it up and robbed the guy trying to rob me. Luckily I had a 6 inch hunting knife on me at the time he had no weapon. I took his phone, money and his runners, I left him with his clothes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Did anyone ever rob the robber? I was getting mugged one day but decided to switch it up and robbed the guy trying to rob me. Luckily I had a 6 inch hunting knife on me at the time he had no weapon. I took his phone, money and his runners, I left him with his clothes though.

Sounds familiar mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sounds familiar mate.

I was only joking, luckily I was never mugged or tried to be mugged either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭LeBash

riemann wrote: »
    Poster is correct re South Dublin, feels much safer than the North. Lived in both places, no comparison.

That is a load of rich creamery butter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'd love to bring someone who's not familiar with Dublin but talk about "D4" around to Ringsend some day! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I've lived all over Dublin, including places like Tallaght, Clondalkin and Ballyfermot but the only time anything ever happened me was when I was walking out of work at about 5.30 in the day. It was where the Hilton hotel is near Clare Hall in Coolock, two scumbags tried to beat me up and stab me with a Stanley knife to rob my bag off me. Thankfully I fought them off and the one with the blade got arrested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

A skanger tried to rob me outside the Central Bank. He stuck his hand in and robbed my wallet.

A serious red mist descended and he ended jumped into the cabin of an oncoming truck having been given the kicking of a lifetime.

Wallet retrieved successfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Yeah when i was 13 a junkie robbed £10 of me at needle point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

cruais wrote: »
    PS I am a Northsider. Ya better watch out, I might mug you. FFS

Not if I mug you first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Despite travelling to some truly awful ****eholes in many different countries over the years, I've been lucky enough to have never been mugged, but the closest I've come was in Tara Street where I was meeting a work colleague - he rang me, and as I answered my phone, I saw him about 100 yards away - we walked towards each other, and some guy came flying across the street, hit him with a shoulder, and as he lay on the ground, grabbed his phone and ran off with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

If I was a mugger it would be the richer neighbourhoods I would be hanging out in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I mug from the south and give to the North.

The Sheriff is pissed, but fcuk him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

No. Only in the north side, in Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

nullzero wrote: »
    Nowhere is safe in Dublin, junkies get free travel. Just you wait until the red and green Luas lines are joined up, brass monkeys shuffling around in Cherrywood and leopardstown.
    On a positive note it might serve as a natural regulator for property prices.

this really made me laugh:pac: funny thinking!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

The notion of South Dublin as safe/posh/wealthy is always laughable. It's a massive area with pockets of wealth, surrounded by rougher parts, with some middle class bits, some shtholes. The same mix as the north side, albeit with slightly more affluence per m2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Compare Henry Street and Grafton Street.

Never any hassle walking along Grafton Street at 4am.

Henry Street usually has bunches of loitering scumbags at 4am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

A skanger tried to rob me outside the Central Bank. He stuck his hand in and robbed my wallet.

A serious red mist descended and he ended jumped into the cabin of an oncoming truck having been given the kicking of a lifetime.

Wallet retrieved successfully.

Did that happen? Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

the_syco wrote: »
    Compare Henry Street and Grafton Street.

Never any hassle walking along Grafton Street at 4am.

Henry Street usually has bunches of loitering scumbags at 4am.

Hamsterdam.

It's policy.

Advertisement