Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thule Proride 591 fitting

Options
  • 06-08-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have the Proride 591 roof mounts?
    I'm looking at buying 2 to go onto roof bars on a camping trailer. My issue is I'm getting roof bars custom made so I can carry the bikes, so need to know about spacings for the bars.
    Are the fixings on the Thule adjustable or will I need to get the bars at a certain space apart.
    I'm buying them in halfords who will fit them for free so I'd rather have the roof bars on first so I can just bring the trailer down. If the spacings are fixed I'll have to get the mounts first and get the bars done to match.
    Hope the above makes sense
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

.red. wrote: »
    Does anyone have the Proride 591 roof mounts?
    I'm looking at buying 2 to go onto roof bars on a camping trailer. My issue is I'm getting roof bars custom made so I can carry the bikes, so need to know about spacings for the bars.
    Are the fixings on the Thule adjustable or will I need to get the bars at a certain space apart.
    I'm buying them in halfords who will fit them for free so I'd rather have the roof bars on first so I can just bring the trailer down. If the spacings are fixed I'll have to get the mounts first and get the bars done to match.
    Hope the above makes sense
    Thanks.
    The clips that attach the carrier to the roof bars slide on the roof bars so are adjustable to the distance between the bars

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

fletch wrote: »
    The clips that attach the carrier to the roof bars slide on the roof bars so are adjustable to the distance between the bars

Thanks, the few videos I've watched only show them on the Thule bars with the groove cut out, they go into the groove on and screw down. I presume they have another fitting to allow me place them on top and fix them underneath? My roof bars will be welded into one piece so I won't be able so slide them on from the side.
    Sorry for all the questions, I don't wanna fork out €150 only to find I can't fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

If you're not using Thule roof bars with the T track system, then you'll need an adaption kit.
    https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/bike-rack/accessories/thule-proride-squarebar-adapter-_-889500

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

If you're not using Thule roof bars with the T track system, then you'll need an adaption kit.
    https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/bike-rack/accessories/thule-proride-squarebar-adapter-_-889500

Thanks for the replies. I ended up getting them yesterday and they come with both types of fitting.
    A friend is building the roof bars for me and said it might be handier to have the mounts to check how they fit the bars. Turned out the bars we had were slightly too big so good job we tried them first before they were welded and bolted on to the trailer.
    Very easy to put together, first one was 10 mins, second one probably about 5 mins.

Advertisement