Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Klasica San Sebastian

Options
  • 03-08-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭

There was a great finale to this race today, catch it on highlights if interested

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Unreal stuff, savage effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

A new cycling superstar about to emerge?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

odyssey06 wrote: »

I watched the last 60km. He seemed to be dead and gone after the second last climb and when he got back in just attacked. Some effort.

Eddie Dunbar did well

I don't even think he was supposed to be the man, just covering an attack and ended up with a decent gap and got told to keep it going maybe?

No way mas was was winning a bunch sprint.

Worthy winner in the womens race also. Nice to see her get her chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

That 19yo guy is just unreal. I really hope he won't waste his career by being lured by the likes of Sky/Ineos and ending up as Kwiato did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

joujoujou wrote: »
    That 19yo guy is just unreal. I really hope he won't waste his career by being lured by the likes of Sky/Ineos and ending up as Kwiato did.

How do you mean? Kwaito puts in domestic stints at the Dauphine and the Tour each year, almost every other race he does he gets free reign or is the protected rider. Tour of Poland, Milan San Remo, Liege Bastogne Liege, Adriatico, Fleche Wallone and even Paris - Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

You must have missed the Junior Worlds last year. Absolutely obliterated the field in the TT and then made a mockery of the road race. Crashed at the start of the last climb, lost about 90 seconds and then rode through the bunch before winning by a couple of kilometres. Blowing kisses and waving at the spectators from about 5km out. He's not about to emerge, he's here!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

joujoujou wrote: »

Ineos will only be able to afford him if they go halves with Man City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,526 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

How do you mean? Kwaito puts in domestic stints at the Dauphine and the Tour each year, almost every other race he does he gets free reign or is the protected rider. Tour of Poland, Milan San Remo, Liege Bastogne Liege, Adriatico, Fleche Wallone and even Paris - Nice.
    I watched his career from the very beginning (not really difficult, as we're both from the same country), his first win against Sagan in 2007 as well as their later races against each other. When Alaphilippe joined the then Omega Pharma Quick Step in 2014 in one of interviews he mentioned Kwiato as the one who he wants to follow in terms of his own career - that was the same year Kwiato won rainbow jersey. Now, compare what JA and Kwiato achieved since. Don't get me wrong - I wish Michał all the very best, but only winners/leaders will have their place in history. Even being the world's best domestique ever - won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Advertisement