Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You're having a good life...

• 03-07-2019 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

I say fair play to you if you're successful, content with life and reaping the rewards.

There's far too much emphasis on misery and first world problems on boards.

So if you're happy out, living the dream I say well done.

You worked hard for it,and don't let anyone or anything make you feel bad for being successful...

It's not about being financially successful, it just about being successful in every way...

Financially secure, not living a toxic spiteful lifestyle, have a healthy lifestyle..

Living the dream :)

Comments

This life is better than all the previous ones put together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My life is great

You forgot to complete your post with "You've never had it so good" (Harold MacMillan) OP. ... But I might concede some mitigating factors like you're a millennial and born after 2000.

Lay off the happy pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

That life sounds like its severely lacking in FUN OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Hedgelayer wrote: »
    You're having a good life...

...if you're living next door to Tom & Barbara ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Hedgelayer

You forgot to complete your post with "You've never had it so good" (Harold MacMillan) OP. ... But I might concede some mitigating factors like you're a millennial and born after 2000.

Lay off the happy pills.

Born in 1975 made the right decisions growing up, bought a house at 23.
    Got a job in the public sector at 22, never married and have a kid who's in his early 20's

So your attempt at conceding mitigating factors are way off the mark.

Have a good day kiiiiddd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

This life is better than all the previous ones put together.
    Personally I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't believe in it when I was a frog and I don't believe in it now :D:D

nocoverart wrote: »
    That life sounds like its severely lacking in FUN OP.

More than you can imagine, but what i enjoy in spades you probably enjoy in diamonds...

Diamonds are for ever, but with a spade in hand i don't dig holes deep enough that i can't get myself out of....

Your call mate :)

Personally I don't believe in reincarnation. I didn't believe in it when I was a frog and I don't believe in it now :D:D

Fly on the wall here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭veryangryman

More than you can imagine, but what i enjoy in spades you probably enjoy in diamonds...

Diamonds are for ever, but with a spade in hand i don't dig holes deep enough that i can't get myself out of....

Your call mate :)

What part of England are you from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I say fair play to you if you're successful, content with life and reaping the rewards.

You worked hard for it,and don't let anyone or anything make you feel bad for being successful...

It's not about being financially successful, it just about being successful in every way...

Financially secure, not living a toxic spiteful lifestyle, have a healthy lifestyle..

Got a job in the public sector at 22, never married and have a kid who's in his early 20's

Have a good day kiiiiddd

Nice work congratulating yourself.

What part of England are you from?

Lol im from East Clare and living near Doolin in North Clare

How much more should I narrow it down :)

Nice work congratulating yourself.

Thanks, I think a lot of people give themselves such a hard time, I've been thinking a lot lately and I am writing a lot lately.

And I went through a lot of things over the last few weeks, and something happened recently and it gave me a wake up call...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Fair play to you if you did work hard for it but some people are born wealthy and didnt earn it. I'm poor but im a lazy fecker so I cant complain. At least I have great health

Greyfox wrote: »
    Fair play to you if you did work hard for it but some people are born wealthy and didnt earn it. I'm poor but im a lazy fecker so I cant complain. At least I have great health

Exactly that's what I'm looking at.
    I had a health scare recently but it was benign so I feel like I have to appreciate life more...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

I wont begrudge anyone, I refuse to. I've made my choices and they've put me in this hole, a hole I'll probably die in, but I'd never wish anyone to be down here with me.

El_Bee wrote: »
    I wont begrudge anyone, I refuse to. I've made my choices and they've put me in this hole, a hole I'll probably die in, but I'd never wish anyone to be down here with me.

You'll be ok.
    I've been in a few holes myself, things can only get better.

Make that hole a whole lot better...

Line it with a feather, make a pair of wings and if you want to soak the edges with petrol, light uo that fire inside of you...

Rise up like a phoenix.... Fly out in a blaze of glory....

Land, take off those wing's extinguish the fire and fill up that hole with the feathers so the next time it'll be a soft landing...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You'll be ok.
    I've been in a few holes myself, things can only get better.

Make that hole a whole lot better...

Line it with a feather, make a pair of wings and if you want to soak the edges with petrol, light uo that fire inside of you...

Rise up like a phoenix.... Fly out in a blaze of glory....

Land, take off those wing's extinguish the fire and fill up that hole with the feathers so the next time it'll be a soft landing...

tumblr_mqkvrpI37w1qjczh3o1_250.gif

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Shopping list for fulfilling life:
    -Feathers
    -Petrol
    -Fire extinguisher
    -Ability to fly

I'm on it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Shopping list for fulfilling life:
    -Feathers
    -Petrol
    -Fire extinguisher
    -Ability to fly
    and apparently being made of asbestos helps.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    and apparently being made of asbestos helps.

Ah sh*t yeah, forgot to add fireman suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

I need to get away.
    That's all I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the good life...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

One day we will die, Master!

Hai, Grasshopper. And on all of the other days, we will not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

And op, i hope you're having a great life and you're doing awesome things and you're not needy and cringey and your family and workmates don't hate you and you don't listen to people who call you a ****. Happy out and cool beans.

Have a wonderful day

PS :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

#blessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

It's the designated 'fun' forum, would you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

I immensely enjoy my life :), and its working out well. It all can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye, so i try to enjoy it whilst it is good. Tbh I try to enjoy even when times are bad. I agree in general, not just on Boards OP, too much complaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

bellylint wrote: »
    I immensely enjoy my life :), and its working out well. It all can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye

Is that a threat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm happy enough apart from the lack of women, riches, perfect body, health and a genius mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

We're very, very lucky to be born in a country like Ireland. You'd swear going by this forum sometimes that it's some third world sh*thole but in reality the moment you are born here you're almost guaranteed a better standard of living and opportunity than around 80% of the planet.

Make the most of it, or failing that, moan about d'traveler's and d'immigrants ladz.

Yep. Mine is certainly better than it was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

There's a story here, if you were just patting yourself on the back for working hard and being great you would go into detail to explain why, instead this shouts feelings of guilt , of not deserving it.
    Cina wrote: »
    We're very, very lucky to be born in a country like Ireland. You'd swear going by this forum sometimes that it's some third world sh*thole but in reality the moment you are born here you're almost guaranteed a better standard of living and opportunity than around 80% of the planet.

Make the most of it, or failing that, moan about d'traveler's and d'immigrants ladz.

Moaning about immigrants, welfare and the likes is a result of people living well. They're afraid they might have to share, or that people who are less deserving will get a slice of the pie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

We are all moaney bastards tbh - except the ones that aren't of course :pac:

• Advertisement

gozunda wrote: »
    We are all moaney bastards tbh - except the ones that aren't of course :pac:

Keep an eye on the ones who aren't moaning. They're up to something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The opening post is the two fingers to the gods if ever I saw one

Hope it keeps fine for you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Hmm. Thinly veiled 'I'm great' thread.

:pac:

Hmm. Thinly veiled 'I'm great' thread.

:pac:

If that was the case I think they'd have to explain why they're great. This is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Have a good day kiiiiddd

Boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    It's the designated 'fun' forum, would you believe.

You wouldn't know, given the morality and comedy police who decide what is kosher!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Having someone else butter your toast exactly to your liking is when you begin to realise yer winning.

It grows on hedges all over the place, dry em out, make some tea, don't drink the pee...

Yowwww

Advertisement