Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalin's Sanatorium!

Options
  • 02-07-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Whut?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Whut?

Watch the video. Its the ruins of stalins sanitorium ..its in georgia.

Its really interesting.
    Tskaltubo is an abandoned Soviet spa resort nestled up in the sub-tropical hills of Georgia.

Some rich guy just bought it.

The IDA missed a trick so....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Stalin's boyhood home visted by more professional tourists!

Lovely building, some great potential

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Say what you like about Stalin, but he got stuff done and really believed in the mission of Marxist Leninism.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭milehip

Say what you like about Stalin.

OK he was a proper dick-head

Venom wrote: »
    Stalin's boyhood home visted by more professional tourists!

The amateur video was better! :P

It's very interesting though. I would love to do that! Be a professional tourist. I think I'd be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

Watched that this morning do enjoy his video's.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What Sanatorium? I was completely distracted by the legging'd lady. Ahh ladies of Eastern Europe and the Russias.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I've caught a couple of his vids myself. Comes across as a very personable and sociable chap who will put the talk on anyone. Handily speaks the language, but he clicks with most he bumps into. And as noted in the thread on Russians, folks in that neck of the woods are less hail fellow well met than here, more suspicious, though that's a bit strong a term and under that apparently cold front they tend to be a very warm bunch and he clicks into that. I saw one he did on India, but tbh outside of history books that country interests me about as much as explosive dysentery.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I think the places he picks are interesting. He usually knows a few people ahead etc. I like him too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Power went to his head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Say what you like about Stalin, but he got stuff done and really believed in the mission of Marxist Leninism.

Shur he really cared a bout d’people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ipso wrote: »

I’m not trying to suggest he was a nice man, but objectively he was the purest example of a Communist leader that has existed. He nationalised the means of production, created collectivised farms, banned religion, created a superpower, and ruthlessly dismantled the bourgeoisie class. That’s all from the standard Communist operating manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Hamburger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Ipso wrote: »

I’m not trying to suggest he was a nice man, but objectively he was the purest example of a Communist leader that has existed. He nationalised the means of production, created collectivised farms, banned religion, created a superpower, and ruthlessly dismantled the bourgeoisie class. That’s all from the standard Communist operating manual.

And at hardly any cost.

Advertisement