Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If you could have a chip put in your pets

• 01-07-2019 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Head to record there dreams and see them back. Would you or would you see this as intruding on there privacy?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I’d put one in my own head.

hZhI6Py.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Could we put a chip in AH posters heads to see where all these genius threads come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'd look for a chip that erased obsessions with the notion of recording dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Maybe

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If you met my dog you'd realise her write speed is probably 1MB/hour.

Her dreams would be like a Charlie Chaplin movie released on a commodore 64

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

A micro or nano chip in the brain for our personal curiosity?

I don't think the dog would be worried or know either way of the implant as it would be asleep through the operation to implant it and wake up a bit groggy. I'd be curious to see in HD colour recordings of their lucid dreams, but I would be more interested in the human aspect of this, a willing participant.

If it was an AI/Nano implant in a human being of which is known for very deep lucid dreaming, then I would be interested in their HD colour monitor recordings, because you yourself one time or another remember that amazing lucid dream that seemed so real that you wished you could have recorded it because it was so amazing, even in a different dimensional reality within the dream-world. Some of those you remember are the real deal for a recording if the technology ever surfaces to do this, now that will be a day... Every-one selling their personal lucid dreams recorded in a colour HD format for sale with bitcoin or ADA Cardano.

Implanting the dog just to satisfy our curiosity I don't think so, not my thing, but implanting willing human beings to try it with consent, then yep, I'm all for it. The dream world can be really out there, especially the lucid one's that wake you up with a shock of its powerfulness as to challenge the basis 'just for a few minutes' of reality.

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

AMKC wrote: »
    Head to record there dreams and see them back. Would you or would you see this as intruding on there privacy?
    I'd do it. I would also look at their thoughts.

I would take it out after a while though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

My dog had some chips installed last Sunday morning,along with half a kebab and 2 slices of
    leftover pizza.

Fat bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭corner of hells

antodeco wrote: »
    If you met my dog you'd realise her write speed is probably 1MB/hour.

Her dreams would be like a Charlie Chaplin movie released on a commodore 64

My dogs favourite game is to run around the garden as fast as he can , then stop suddenly and put his whole head in the pot that his water is in.

I'm not sure his dreams would be worth viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

hmmm... it's rarely a good idea to speculate on things that are so intrinsically impossible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

My dog never agreed to any GDPR protocols.
    I tried to explain this to him but he was too busy writing his novel.

Advertisement