Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your weekend

• 27-05-2017 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Sitting here in bed ... F all to do for the weekend myself and thinking what do people have planned

So what's your weekend plan ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 171 ✭✭Gavinz

Just up out of the bed, dying of a hangover.

Have a wedding to go to later, then off to Dingle for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Being retired, the weekend is the only time of the week with any hint of a definite routine. Family members usually call by in the afternoon on Saturday and we go to mass on Sunday followed by a coffee morning in one or other of our houses - our house last week.
    At one time weekends were hectic with lawn mowing, car washing, running kids to various activities, shopping etc. I used to be glad to get back to work on Monday, at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Tayto Park if the rain clears, visit one or other set of relations later... that's about it

e weekends were hectic...

Yeah, they were. Wired, Friday to Sunday evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,618 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Weekends are a busy time here.
    Typical Saturday starts at 4am to bring eldest swimming, got a lie in today till 6:30.
    Younger girl has swimming, music, Irish dancing on Saturdays, she has to be in the pool for 8am
    Sundays up at 7am, again eldest has swim training and we pack a picnic to have as we go for an afternoon cycle or hike.
    We run a part time farm too so every spare Minute is spend catching up on jobs there.

Really don't drink much any more as gettignup early
    It's just not worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭gifted

3 young girls in this house...have to keep them entertained in this weather....they decide if I enjoy my weekend or not lol lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Attending a kids party later today. Tomorrow heading off towards cork, for two nights with the toddler and husband. Trying to decide on a day visit to trabolgon or fota. Not very glamorous but after a busy few weeks I'm so excited about getting some proper uninterrupted family time and the toddler is on cloud nine. Walking around singing "daddy on holiday. Noooo wooooork"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭GritBiscuit

It's absolutely chucking it down...so looks like the beach trip is cancelled and it'll be a duvet day with a visit to friends this evening. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭wally1990

_Brian wrote: »
    Weekends are a busy time here.
    Typical Saturday starts at 4am to bring eldest swimming, got a lie in today till 6:30.
    Younger girl has swimming, music, Irish dancing on Saturdays, she has to be in the pool for 8am
    Sundays up at 7am, again eldest has swim training and we pack a picnic to have as we go for an afternoon cycle or hike.
    We run a part time farm too so every spare Minute is spend catching up on jobs there.

Really don't drink much any more as gettignup early
    It's just not worth it.

I must admit whilst there is Loads of activities , I admire it

I live in a council estate (not saying that is bad) but ya know

And 'alot' of the kids here and clearly overweight and standing outside the local chipper and clearly no exercise being done

Point being : it's the parents fault

So good job,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,862 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Working today and tomorrow...the benefits of the upturn in construction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Guns N Roses at Slane :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Fri night chill nice grub few drinks in front of tv, sat up early cleaning duties and washing then serious cup of coffee onto boards for a bit and chill for the week end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Bring son to football match. Collect mother from shopping. Bring son to a birthday party. Pack for holidays. Clean house. Buy beer. Cook dinner for kids. Go for a run. Drink beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

my living room ceiling started leaking....weekend ruined. stressed to the eyeballs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

I'm having my breakfast, Kate.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

My weekend will consist largely of work, unfortunately both today and tomorrow. I'm hopeful I can squeeze a brisk 45 minute jog in aswell as 1-2 hours of German, in order to keep it sharp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

We have 18 people coming over for a BBQ. 31 degrees c here so could be worse! Think we need more wine and beer ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Do some shopping, washing, run the hoover and mop over the place.. usual Saturday domestics. Watch the FA Cup later and have either chicken curry or steak and chips for dinner.

Tomorrow will be decided by the little fella so early start to go see him for the day :)

Monday I'll work from home which helps after a busy Sunday and I generally get more done anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

COH wrote: »
    Guns N Roses at Slane :cool:

Whoop whoop bring it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Sitting on an excavator for the weekend clearing our site to hopefully start building soon. Watch the rugby later and head to the local for a few pints tomorrow evening. Happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Minding the three dustbin lids while Mrs.Osis enjoys the rain in Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,903 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mountain biking later on, kayaking and walking tomorrow. Rock and roll. Enjoy folks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've been up since 6am, only had two drinks last night, today I am putting some finishing touches to my work in stages and footling around the house and reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Parchment wrote: »
    my living room ceiling started leaking....weekend ruined. stressed to the eyeballs.

Same. Arrived to my office to collect something only to find a leaky roof and a lot of damaged stock! Bucketing down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭indioblack

wally1990 wrote: »
    Sitting here in bed ... F all to do for the weekend myself and thinking what do people have planned

So what's your weekend plan ?

Feed the cats, mow the lawns, feed the cats, shopping at bleeding Tesco's - I may phone the Samaritans later on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'll be **** and crying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was supposed to be going to dublin tonight but the rain is too bad so I won't bother. I'll be busy til about 7:30, then the coal fire goes on, curtains closed, wine will be opened, snacks will be laid out, and I'll take a nice relaxing shower, putting on pjs straight from the dryer and flaking out on the couch in front of Netflix for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Well, I'm taking a little break from routine and watching the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Cans can and more cans, if the gi infection doesnt get in the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Rough as toast after last night. Currently getting through a chicken fillet burger, pizza and chips

Advertisement