Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would most women accept free sex if they could be guaranteed no pregnancy?

• 27-05-2017 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Evolutionary biology tells us that women are more selective in all human societies simply because they're the ones to bear the cost of the sex and the ultimate goal...babies.

Seeing as we're know living in times where gender can be changed over the course of a few years, I don't have difficulty envisioning a time when women's ovaries could be 'frozen' in the uterus and enter a hibernation state preventing any sperm from fertilising eggs but also slowing the age and thus saving the quality. Or better yet sterilisation that doesn't cause hormonal imbalances.

I know birth control is a thing but that can be risky.

Despite all this, I've heard many women say that even with no financial/biological risk of pregnancy and no physical risk posed by creepy men, they still wouldn't be attracted to most men to have sex with them.

Is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

What about the STD's ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Up the gick no babies.

Tried and tested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

jeanjolie wrote: »
    they still wouldn't be attracted to most men to have sex with them.

Fascinating how often can this come up? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Remember, women, how to tell if you've got a 'top quality' man:

Clarity - of his language, can you understand him? Has he made his intentions known?
    Cut - of his gib.
    Colour - self-explanatory
    Carat - ....um, oh wait. I may have this wrong actually...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm not sure I understand the question. Would I still ride men I'm not attracted to? No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SimpleDimples

Most women always have free sex!

Can you attempt your opening post again?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'm not sure I understand the question. Would I still ride men I'm not attracted to? No

Damn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Exactly. The risk of pregnancy is virtually nil anyway, so it would never have influenced my decision on which men to sleep with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

This is all my fault. I once turned down the OP in favour of someone with a more squared jaw. Like a decade ago. It seems to have snowballed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Up the gick no babies.

Tried and tested

- Shakespeare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Before I clicked into this thread I knew who the starter was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

jeanjolie wrote: »
    Evolutionary biology tells us that women are more selective in all human societies ...?

All I'll say is Evolutionary Biology (and my doctorate includes just such) tells us no such thing.

In other words, you have the entire premise wrong.

Edit. What you are really trying to raise is a matter of social or cultural anthropology. And are still incorrect under both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I have sex with people who attract me. Sometimes it's based on looks, sometimes not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Posts by re-reg and quotes deleted. Please don't feed the troll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭Curly Judge

When you think about it, the female act of lying back, opening her legs and inviting a man to penetrate her is quite a big deal.
    No wonder they ..well most of them..... are pretty selective about the process.
    On the other hand, most men spend their youth pole vaulting around the place on three legs, trying to get their dicks into any crevice they happen to come across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Fascinating how often can this come up? :pac:
    Oo-err!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'm not sure I understand the answer. If you wouldn't "still" ride them that implies you're riding them now. So you basically would prefer to get pregnant by a man you're not attracted to.
    Pac1Man wrote: »
    Before I clicked into this thread I knew who the starter was.

So did I. It says it right there below the thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Eh, no. It doesn't; if it happens that they are using the Android app....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

How do you come up with these threads. OP? Are you a committee? If so, you need to swop out a few members. They're coming up with some weird sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

The cost of sex for women in modern societies is the burden of shame/guilt/regret placed on them by men and other women.

Vast majority are aware of contraception and educated about sex, so pregnancy is not a major problem or cost.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

In the past week, you've started around six threads about genders. Take your gender war hobby horse somewhere else. It's getting very tedious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement