Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

neignbour problem and scrap vehicle in garden??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Graham wrote: »
    The world would be a better place if people showed consideration to their neighbours and community.

that applies to the OP just as much as the neighbour

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I don't think it's particularly reasonable to expect good neighbourliness to stretch to ignoring a scrapyard in an neighbouring house.

I don't think it's particularly reasonable to expect good neighbourliness to stretch to ignoring a scrapyard in an neighbouring house.

one van doesnt make a scrap yard

Yeah, I'm really not going to get into a debate with you about how much scrap it's appropriate/reasonable to keep in a front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

lulu1 wrote: »
    I don't think so
    Put it like this If you were going buy a house and you see two identical houses and both the same price on an estate one with a well kept garden and the other garden full of junk which would you pick.

I know which I would go for

Tbh price and condition of what I'm interested in is all I'd consider. As long as neighbours aren't in my face and mind their own beeswax I couldn't care less.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I was wondering how the deck you know what is parked in his driveway... I haven’t a notion what is next doors garden. Nature to the rescue!

Plant a tall hedge, and some flowering trees. Draw the eye to something beautiful instead, within your own control. .

You will also give yourself privacy and screen whatever happens next door or out on the road.

Yeah, I'm really not going to get into a debate with you about how much scrap it's appropriate/reasonable to keep in a front garden.

i wouldnt like a scruffy neighbourhood either but the owner of the van is entitled to have it there.

just because it doesnt make financial sense to do it up doesnt mean that that is not the plan. there could be a lot of sentimental reasons behind it.
    i know a guy that is doing up his late fathers lorry. its costing a fortune and he could buy a fairly good one like it for less but its more about the memories and journey to fixing it that he loves.

there could be a lot of sentimental reasons behind it.

You're probably right, I hadn't considered that at all.

A sentimental scrap vehicle would be the most obvious conclusion.

You're probably right, I hadn't considered that at all.

A sentimental scrap vehicle would be the most obvious conclusion.

yes or dirty or lazy fecker. the point is the we dont know his reasons for keeping his own posesions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭bobbyss

Do you belong to a Residents Association? Get them on board? Nothing worse than your situation. Well there is actually. I know of a house which operates a car repair service from its driveway. Cars everyday piled up.
    Bonnets open. Fellas hanging around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hoping the Op takes some of the practical advice here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭MacDanger

TBH, I'd say you're wasting your time with the council unless there's something hazardous leaking from the vehicle.

IMO, your best bet is to try and mend your relationship with your neighbours; you may not like having to do that and you don't need to like them but I don't see you resolving this without charming them into removing it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

MacDanger wrote: »
    TBH, I'd say you're wasting your time with the council unless there's something hazardous leaking from the vehicle.

IMO, your best bet is to try and mend your relationship with your neighbours; you may not like having to do that and you don't need to like them but I don't see you resolving this without charming them into removing it

worked for us a few times and no harm trying ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

red petal wrote: »
    You put a bee in his bonnet by asking him to stop parking in front of your garden. By the sounds of it, he's pretty happy that his scrap annoys you and has no intentions of getting rid of it to please you.

It's unfortunate but it seems he possibly thinks you are the uneighborly one.

Just re reading the thread as I had some new information, I realised your reply said, I put a bee in his bonnet because I asked him not to park in front of my garden, I said in my post , but just to correct your wording, I asked him not to park in front of my driveway, they initially were either completely blocking it or partially where it was not possible or making it difficult to get in and out, eventually they'd park opposite us and right up to the dividing line between our driveways.
    Turns out the person isnt the owner after all, which is unusual as they were at the viewing, Im thinking there is something else going on now, Id happily not bother reporting or highlighting it, if they removed the van, tidied the lawn and stop parking like as they do.
    Ive no intention of leaving if they can be dealt with, as owners that would have been problematic, as tenants it is a lot different, they could be dealt with and potentially moved if they failed to comply with some fairly simple and reasonable requests.

Advertisement