Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,842 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’ve found out I’m meeting somebody that I wasn’t expecting to meet yet and I’m not looking forward to it. I haven’t myself prepared for it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

We had a cat before and he went missing in April and returned in September!

Sorry to hear about your cat by the way.

Wow that's given me hope. It just isn't like him to go off. We already live in the mountains so no fear someone strayed him here lol. It's just the not knowing, lack of closure etc. Just want to know what happened.
    TA the ****er who owns the field by our house only cuts the grass twice a year and we are overrun with midges the bastards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

blade1 wrote: »
    Naggers

:)

Wheel of fortune comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Regarding the cat if he’s a Tom cat and he comes back make sure to get him neutered.
    We had a stray cat that was abandoned by somebody out the country as a kitten.
    He got a bit big and started calling around to a neighbor. She wasn’t happy.
    She didn’t relies it was out cat and she told us few months later that she trapped a black can in a wheely bin and brought him up the mountains and left him off.
    The only plus size was the cat pissed in the bin and it went all over her car.

What a monster :(

TA people who think leaving animals in the mountains will give them a chance at a happy ending like some kind of born free shìte. Don't know how many animals we have taken in and rehomed to others after they were dumped here.

Antares35 wrote: »
    What a monster :(

TA people who think leaving animals in the mountains will give them a chance at a happy ending like some kind of born free shìte. Don't know how many animals we have taken in and rehomed to others after they were dumped here.

Her daughter who was about 6 was with her that day also. The kid basically said I was ugly to my face.
    Other people have had the problem with her also because she repeats what's said at home.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Wow that's given me hope. It just isn't like him to go off. We already live in the mountains so no fear someone strayed him here lol. It's just the not knowing, lack of closure etc. Just want to know what happened.
    TA the ****er who owns the field by our house only cuts the grass twice a year and we are overrun with midges the bastards...

He did go missing in April and Came back in september. He was in good condition and well fed we were thinking he with somebody and when the kids went back to school they left him off again and he found his way home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

:)

Wheel of fortune comes to mind.

https://youtu.be/jWn1l7aUps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

A packet of Fox's Chunkie Cookies contains only 7 cookies!
    Where are they going with their 7 at all?
    It's not even an even number FFS :mad:

IMG-20200613-173331.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

IMG-20200613-173331.jpg

They're not even that nice. Don't get me wrong - they're grand, but no better than a larger and cheaper packet you'd get in Aldi's, Lidl's or Tesco's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Making a quick visit to supermarket and forgetting to buy milk. FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

They're not even that nice. Don't get me wrong - they're grand, but no better than a larger and cheaper packet you'd get in Aldi's, Lidl's or Tesco's.

Yeah,after one I had to check the date on the packet as they seem a bit soft.
    Just grabbed them in the local garage on the way home.
    Which made them approximately a billion more expensive than the supermarket. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Some stupid people unable to push a shopping cart.😡

Pushing it sideways blocks everybody. Stopping next to an already parked one causes the same problem. Had to shove a few out off the way.

Road rage of another kind.🙄😄

Their driving licence should be shredded at the cashiers.😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,303 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Some funkwit nearly ran me off the road this evening.
    It's a narrow country road and he came around a bend like a bat out of hell on my side (even though there's no white line, I know he was on my side).
    I had to swerve into the ditch.
    If I had a dashcam, the footage could never be seen as my language was potty foul.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Some funkwit nearly ran me off the road this evening. It's a narrow country road and he came around a bend like a bat out of hell on my side (even though there's no white line, I know he was on my side). I had to swerve into the ditch. If I had a dashcam, the footage could never be seen as my language was potty foul.

So many gobsh!tes that drive like this. You'd wonder what the fuk they're thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

When you're cooking dinner and it's one of them long cook bastards that take ages and by the time you've it cooked you're not in the mood for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

New home thanked my post about the cat finding a new home!

:) I thanked it for the second part of your post, I wasn't happy about the fact that the cat had found a new abode, although that's still a damn sight better than him/her NOT finding a home at all.
    Regarding the cat if he’s a Tom cat and he comes back make sure to get him neutered.
    We had a stray cat that was abandoned by somebody out the country as a kitten.
    He got a bit big and started calling around to a neighbor. She wasn’t happy.
    She didn’t relies it was out cat and she told us few months later that she trapped a black can in a wheely bin and brought him up the mountains and left him off.
    The only plus size was the cat pissed in the bin and it went all over her car.

People like her make my blood boil. Cruel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I banged my big toe off of the same thing twice today :rolleyes:

With the language that came out of my mouth on both occasions, I have no doubt that even the Pope would refuse to cleanse me of my sins!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

IMG-20200613-173331.jpg

why does it matter that it isnt an even number? not like you are going to share them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I banged my big toe off of the same thing twice today :rolleyes:

With the language that came out of my mouth on both occasions, I have no doubt that even the Pope would refuse to cleanse me of my sins!

Have you ever heard the Pope after he's stubbed his big toe twice in the same day? Well, then. Let's just say I feel he might be more understanding than you think. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,495 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

New Home wrote: »
    Have you ever heard the Pope after he's stubbed his big toe twice in the same day? Well, then. Let's just say I feel he might be more understanding than you think. :cool:

:D:D

why does it matter that it isnt an even number? not like you are going to share them.

It's a matter of balance, you can't have the same amount of bikkies in each hand with an odd number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,535 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's a matter of balance, you can't have the same amount of bikkies in each hand with an odd number.

3 in each hand, one in your mouth. you have to think like a problem solver.

Why the f... can I see the ads before Sanditon on the stupid RTÉ Player but not the actual episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Why the f... can I see the ads before Sanditon on the stupid RTÉ Player but not the actual episode?

If the Pope was to try & use the RTE player, you would hear swearing like you never heard before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Be right back

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If the Pope was to try & use the RTE player, you would hear swearing like you never heard before.

Tried skipping through a programme on the RTE app as I didn't want to see all of it. It went onto the following weeks programme. Very annoying. No wonder it has such bad reviews!

• Advertisement

Would it be on the ITV player? Not sure it is available in Ireland.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Headaches

Would it be on the ITV player? Not sure it is available in Ireland.

It is... at least, the first two episodes are listed, but when I click on them...

Couldn't be dealing with that. Just recording it on the planner myself.

And if you don't have a planner...

• Advertisement

And if you don't have a planner...

Fair enough! Buy the DVD?!

When the shops open. :)

When the shops open. :)

Hope you enjoy it after all that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

What is always with the stressful dreams? Sleeptime is supposed to be relax, unwind, renew time... Why can't it be more like a mini holiday once is awhile with happy dreams, so you could wake up feeling somewhat rejuvenated? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Not really trivial... but my nuts are killing me !
    Think I've slept askew and kinda crushed them...any fella who has ever done this knows the pain..
    Can't stand.. can't sit...can't walk without looking like John Wayne...in pain ...

Not really trivial... but my nuts are killing me !
    Think I've slept askew and kinda crushed them...any fella who has ever done this knows the pain..
    Can't stand.. can't sit...can't walk without looking like John Wayne...in pain ...

Sounds like you're developing the symptoms of a nut allergy. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Could every form of media stop preaching at me please?
    That would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

Teenagers on bikes staring at their phones.

Actually haven't seen a teenager on a bike without them doing this in ages.

The only time a cat can express my pain :)

The only time a cat can express my pain :)

Shamelessly stolen from YLYL.

• Advertisement

Shamelessly stolen from YLYL.

We're all 1 big happy family here Mom!

Balls! (see what I did there? :pac:)

Balls! (see what I did there? :pac:)

Yeah..I did...and it hurt!!
    "Masseuse.... masseuse....I need a masseuse"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm hungover and everything is terrible.
    My favourite takeaway is closed.
    Posted a petition on my fb about cats rights and a friend decided to go off on a rant about how cats don't deserve the same rights as dogs because they're not domesticated animals and cat owners don't have to pick up their cat poo. Absolutely made me see red. If you don't want to sign it, then just **** off, no need to post a snarky comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

Having a cast and an itch develops that you have no way to scratch for relief.

Knitting needles, Redneck. :cool::

Knitting needles, Redneck. :cool::

No one knits in my family,so I am trying to navigate a coat hanger with no luck,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

No one knits in my family,so I am trying to navigate a coat hanger with no luck,heh.

Or a ruler if you have one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,957 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Or a ruler if you have one!

Or a chopstick maybe ?

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Or a chopstick maybe ?

Not a chopstick to be seen here here.But I did manage to reach it with my niece's ruler,heh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement