Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission.......

Options
  • 02-09-2005 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything about planning permission? Basicly, I went on to the dublincity.ie web site to find out more, but I was slightly confused before I went on the website and now I'm definately confused. I want to find out the basics and would appreciate if I could get some answers to my questions.
    1. How long does it take to get approved?
    2. How do you go about getting approval?
    3. How much does it cost? (Say for a kitchen extension).
    4. I've heard if you stay under a certain size you do not permission, is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

If you want to build an extention under 40square metres (in total) to the rear of the property you don't need planning permission. The extention can be no higher than to house, not including the roof, ie if you are in a bungalow it can only be 1 storey, in a 2 storey you can ad 2 storeys but it cant be more than 40m between both floors.

You must be leaving a minimum of 25 square meteres of garden, and if there is an existing extention the size of the floor space must be subtracted from the 40m.

you can get more details here

http://www.oasis.gov.ie/housing/planning_permission/planning_perm_altering_a_house.html

Advertisement