Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assume no mortgage while on covid payment?

Options
  • 21-06-2020 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Was hoping to buy this year, im assuming nobody is getting approved while on Covid payment? Anyway around it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

zweton wrote: »
    Was hoping to buy this year, im assuming nobody is getting approved while on Covid payment? Anyway around it :D

I read somewhere (but I can’t for the life of me remember where, so I can’t tell you how reliable the source) that banks will look for evidence of at least 6 weeks back on normal wages first

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ladystardust

Check out specific property boards. There is one for currently.buy/selling and one for applying for mortgage. Although to save you the time if you wish, general consensus is no, not while on covid payments. Even people who are sale agreed and with previous approval being told nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Yeah I thought as much, assume nobody in the process is proceeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if any party of your application is on any of the COVID related payment schemes, they won't approve you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

zweton wrote: »

reverse 'defecto ban' , id say it still applies in 90% of cases.

damn

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Yup, it's nothing more than a good PR piece.
    However, the bank said that it may still refuse to allow a mortgage to be drawn down if it finds a customer is unable to meet repayments.

This is true of....

All loans
    All banks in the world
    Pre COVID19
    During COVID-19
    Post COVID-19

Anyone reading anything else from that fluff piece would need their head examined.

Advertisement