Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boiler replacement

Options
  • 12-04-2019 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

bought a doer upper

looking to get boiler replaced

any recommendations on this on where is best whilst being budget conscious also

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

You need to get a certified plumber to do it. Boiler replacement isn't cheap but 100% want to get that one right because it can easily be a hazard. Please don't skimp with a boiler replacement.
    The SEAI gives a grant for upgrading the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

Got one off done deal 5 year ago, e180 iirc. Was taken out of a council house that was converting to gas. Was serviced on the button every year before that.
    Its an outdoor one, not a combi one

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

LirW wrote: »
    You need to get a certified plumber to do it. Boiler replacement isn't cheap but 100% want to get that one right because it can easily be a hazard. Please don't skimp with a boiler replacement.

how much are we talking ?
    can you recommend any decent companies?

I'm not in Dublin, I got a company from Kilkenny to do it. They did major plumbing works but replacing a boiler runs in at around 2-3k depending on what you need afaik.
    My boiler was brand new and performs really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We just got ours done a few weeks ago. It cost 2k which is the going rate. The place we used are in South Dublin if that is any use to you. We have used them for other things (we also had to get our hot water tank replaced last year) and they're very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

Woshy wrote: »
    We just got ours done a few weeks ago. It cost 2k which is the going rate. The place we used are in South Dublin if that is any use to you. We have used them for other things (we also had to get our hot water tank replaced last year) and they're very good.

yes seems approx 2k is going rate

let me know if any of ye have name of company that did it for you

thanks

mkdon wrote: »
    yes seems approx 2k is going rate

let me know if any of ye have name of company that did it for you

thanks

just sent you a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

LirW wrote: »

Just to clarify that this grant is no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Sarn wrote: »

Nope, but you can still get a grant for heating controls and BER which knocks about €850 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is the boiler actually broken ? Why do you need to replace it?

What about the rest of the heating system ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Direct replacement assuming no new pipe work can be done for €1750 depending on boiler.

The SEAI grant basically means you have to upgrade the pipework to allow for separate heating and water controls so may be a worthwhile investment. I would strongly recommend it.

It opens up then adding smart system controls such as Hive etc

Sarn wrote: »

Fair enough, I was still able to avail of it and am not up to date anymore on what's available.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

just sent you a pm!
    Hi Woshy, could you please PM me also with the name of that company.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JuneCC

Hi, I'm in South Dublin too and need to replace my boiler. Would you mind letting me know the name of the company you used please? I've received some very expensive quotes. Many tha is.

JuneCC wrote: »
    Hi, I'm in South Dublin too and need to replace my boiler. Would you mind letting me know the name of the company you used please? I've received some very expensive quotes. Many tha is.

I'll see if I can remember and send you a pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Hi could you please PM the name of the company that replaced your boiler

Advertisement