Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sold subject to planning

Options
  • 29-10-2011 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Hi

I would be grateful if someone could answer these questions in regards to buying a site and the lingo used etc.
    Say if there is a site advertised 'Region € 50,000 sold subject to planning and also ' This property will be subject to negotiations '.
    Firstly, ' subject to negotiations ' does this mean the advertised ' region price ' it would be acceptable to offer a lower amount and by what percentage.
    Also, can the seller raise the price if planning is granted?

I would be grateful for any feedback, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Hi

I would be grateful if someone could answer these questions in regards to buying a site and the lingo used etc.
    Say if there is a site advertised 'Region € 50,000 sold subject to planning and also ' This property will be subject to negotiations '.
    Firstly, ' subject to negotiations ' does this mean the advertised ' region price ' it would be acceptable to offer a lower amount and by what percentage.
    Also, can the seller raise the price if planning is granted?

I would be grateful for any feedback, thanks.

You can agree and negotiate a price beforehand, you can then sign a contract at the agreed price, subject to receiving planning. If planning is granted sale goes ahead if not you get your deposit back. That prevents a situation where you spend money getting planning and the seller increases the price after planning.

Advertisement