Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case study on holiday home prices 2007-Now

Options
  • 26-10-2011 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

Too much time on my hands, but I used some of the property price tracking sites to construct a trend of holiday home prices at a particular location.

This is a group of about 50+ 3 bed semi-detached holiday homes in a popular West coast destination. All houses were originally built well before the boom, so these are 2nd hand house prices. I picked this estate as it has identical houses being continually bought and sold and so has some liquidity if that makes any sense any more, although now suffering from oversupply. The houses have a strong rental market during the summer.

These are obviously asking prices only, and are roughly the minimum asking price at a particular month (ie there would be nominally identical houses where asking price was much more).

8wkzk2.gif[

jgqn91.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Fairways in Westport by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

its not very representative if its based on one housing estate though which makes it pretty pointless to be honest

I could go do a poll in Donegal and chart that Sinn Fein are the most popular political party in this country. Doest mean its representative of the reality nationwide though .....

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

D3PO wrote: »
    its not very representative if its based on one housing estate though which makes it pretty pointless to be honest

I could go do a poll in Donegal and chart that Sinn Fein are the most popular political party in this country. Doest mean its representative of the reality nationwide though .....

Very relevant to me as I'm purchasing a house in the locality

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Nwm2 wrote: »

You can get two for the price of one in Millford apparently...
    Millford Inn does a great lunch on Sunday.

well thats good but its irrlevent in regards to the title of the thread.

this is not a case study of holiday home prices

this is a charting of one specific estate that you have an interest in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Nwm2

D3PO wrote: »
    well thats good but its irrlevent in regards to the title of the thread.

this is not a case study of holiday home prices

this is a charting of one specific estate that you have an interest in.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on typical case studies..

Perhaps you should educate yourself on typical case studies..

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the english language..

this is a case study on XXXXX housing estate 2007 - Now

this is not a case study on holiday home prices 2007 - Now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

If a pattern happens in one estate it is most likely, in the absence of some unusual factor such as pyrite or flodding to be representative of ofther estates in that location. It mirrors pricers I have observed in Kilkee, Co Clare over the same period. While resort towns are unique to theselves the purchasers are not buying primarily with proximity to work and the like in mind, the market may be more mobile and purchasers will buy where they get the best value within quite a large radius.

Advertisement