Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmayne

Options
  • 19-09-2015 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know anything the Belmayne area. There are some apartments being advertised in Belmayne, Balgriffin, Dublin 13. I searched the forums and the newest posts were 5 years old and talked about the area being half developed and there being problems with junkies and travellers firing rockets at windows.

I was wondering if it has gotten any better since then?

My wife and our 2 kids (2years and 7 months) are looking to move to Dublin for 2 years while I work at TCD for 2 years.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Visit it yourself and make up your own mind.
    I wouldn't live there myself but everybody needs to make their own choice.

A recent article:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/dublin-ghost-estate-of-belmayne-redeveloped-for-social-housing-1.2269968

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

Belmayne is a decent area. It's close to the sea (howth & malahide) and is on the bus corridor to the city centre. Father Collins park is a nice amenity nearby. You might read articles stating that some portion of homes will be set aside for social housing but to be honest that's the norm for most housing estates. As the previous poster said, go visit and get a feel for the place but in my opinion it's a great place to live with a real sense of community.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

I know someone who bought there in 2007. That article in the Irish Times is very wrong I think & paints Belmayne in a very poor light.
    I have visited there many times over the years & have never seen anything like that article describes.
    From what I have seen it is clean, well maintained, with plenty of playgrounds for kids. I never heard of any problems with anti-social behaviour other than very minor stuff which could be expected in any high density developments.
    Close to a big Tesco at Clarehall and not far from Portmarnock & Malahide if you like the coast & beaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Neo Researcher

Thanks very much for your replies. Yeah will see if I can get a viewing of there and some other places tommorow. Will also drive around the area to get a feel as suggested. The problem is I'm currently in Cork staying at my folks as just moved back from abroad, so don't want to drive all the way up if it is a total dive. So thanks again for the input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭vonbarracuda

I live in Belmayne. I wouldn't move here. The build quality is crap and you can hear everything from your neighbour!

Google " Belmayne Problems" will open your eyes a bit

• Advertisement
Advertisement