Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Land Prices?

Options
  • 29-10-2011 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Chancing my arm here....but its worked before! :D

I'm doing a college assignment, and a very small aspect of it involves land costs (determining a business start up cost).

Is there anywhere I might get the average land costs per Region/Town/City.....or would trawling daft be the best bet?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,285 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Trawling daft might get you some asking prices, but not hard prices. Talking to a few estate agents and going through the newspaper property sections might be useful.

Prices will vary between region, urban/rural, development potential, access, services and a multitude of other factors.

I saw recently that the typical housing site is worth about €9,000 at the moment - add for development levies, utilities, etc.

Daft might be meaningful if you can find any that aren't "Price on Application" for a basic college project, but not in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭budhabob

Victor wrote: »
    Trawling daft might get you some asking prices, but not hard prices. Talking to a few estate agents and going through the newspaper property sections might be useful.

Prices will vary between region, urban/rural, development potential, access, services and a multitude of other factors.

I saw recently that the typical housing site is worth about €9,000 at the moment - add for development levies, utilities, etc.

Daft might be meaningful if you can find any that aren't "Price on Application" for a basic college project, but not in the real world.

Cheers for that, I'm just looking to get an educated guesstimation for it really. Need some basis for it obviously, but an hour or two online might be sufficient. Its only a small area afterall. I am looking to price it differently per region (urban and rural).

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭mrmitty

Try the farmers journal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Farmers journal for last few years have brought out an annual supplement detailing land prices per county.
    Now note this is agricultural land prices and not urban residential or industrial zones.

It is based on quantity of land sold and how much it achieved, often at auction.
    It is a good indication of what agri land costs per county, but again it is only average and doesn't take into account what an individual farm would cost as this depends on lots of factors like land quality, buildings, etc.

Advertisement