Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Robbed

Options
  • 06-09-2005 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭

A mate of mine had his apartment robbed, the rent which was in a drawer had been taken. The lock on the door didn't work properly and all it needed was a stiff push to get in, mate didn't know this at the time.

The rent had been due a number of weeks before, and the only reason it hadn't been paid was because the landlord hadn't picked it up.

Does my mate have to pay the full rent? is the landlord liable for any of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Cactus Col wrote:
    A mate of mine had his apartment robbed, the rent which was in a drawer had been taken. The lock on the door didn't work properly and all it needed was a stiff push to get in, mate didn't know this at the time.

The rent had been due a number of weeks before, and the only reason it hadn't been paid was because the landlord hadn't picked it up.

Does my mate have to pay the full rent? is the landlord liable for any of it?

if the he hadn't reported the dogey door to the landlord , then I would say yes...

if he had reported it , and the landlord did nothing , thats a different story...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The lock on the door didn't work properly and all it needed was a stiff push to get in, <b>mate didn't know this at the time</b>.

Advertisement