Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate my house

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Woshy wrote: »
    We have builders starting next week to replace two small velux windows in the kitchen extension with one big long feature window

Can I ask what price this part of the job is costing? We are looking to get something similar done.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Bobbins

You need a CoeLux :Phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ4TJ4-kkDw

Lightening is very hard to get right. People often get colour and colouring rendering index choseon incorrectly.

Was excited to see this option but then found the cost!!!! 40k+??? For an artificial skylight?! Have you seen one insitu? Surely cheaper to knock out a wall and stick in some glazing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,371 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Can you get a velux into the attic?
    You spend hours a day up there.

I'd sort it first and quick.
    Will improve your humour.

Dehumidifier in short term when youre out.
    Look to sort the damp asap

A row of double velux are great. You can even get a velux with a mini balcony on it!

Paint the house interior with lighter colours.

Repaint kitchen units

Get rid of curtains, blinds are the way to go.

Declutter furniture.

Get cheap outdoor seating to start using and enjoying the garden space

Change front door to allow more light in

I know a good architect who's also a qualified interior design architect. Give me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

I know a good architect who's also a qualified interior design architect. Give me a pm

Was about to say it's an interior architect who will really help in this scenario. Doesn't sound like OP needs more space, just needs to use the space more effectively.

Cheaper to rethink layout carefully than build a huge extension. Even if you just talk to a good interior architect and get a feel for their ideas, you don't have to actually proceed with anything. The suggestion of an architect who's also an intetior architect sounds great.

I've sold two houses because I didnt like them. I look back now and I'm glad I no longer live there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Can I ask what price this part of the job is costing? We are looking to get something similar done.

I don't have a breakdown of costs but to get the back door replaced, the velux windows replaced with the big pane of glass, pocket doors installed, a kitchen island built and our flooring replaced (we bought the flooring) is around 12k

Advertisement