Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure about purchasing a property

Options
  • 18-05-2019 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can a person sell a house when there is legal proceedings ongoing with solicitors involved, as the person selling the house is trying to get ownership of the lane they have a right away on since their house was built and trying to stop the farmer who owns it from traveling the lane to work the land, the legal proceedings has not been disclosed to potential buyers, we only found out accidently, the owners of the house for sale are aggressive and threaten to people other than themselves traveling the lane. The area is lovely and I fell in love with the place but as a buyer what else are they not disclosing. Their auctioneer is no help at all, he just says it has exceptional privacy and nothing about the farm machinery using the same lane, Maybe the auctioneer does not know but surly he has to disclose the information, as it's common knowledge among the locals.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Can a person sell a house when there is legal proceedings ongoing with solicitors involved, as the person selling the house is trying to get ownership of the lane they have a right away on since their house was built and trying to stop the farmer who owns it from traveling the lane to work the land, the legal proceedings has not been disclosed to potential buyers, we only found out accidently, the owners of the house for sale are aggressive and threaten to people other than themselves traveling the lane.

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Can a person sell a house when there is legal proceedings ongoing with solicitors involved, as the person selling the house is trying to get ownership of the lane they have a right away on since their house was built and trying to stop the farmer who owns it from traveling the lane to work the land, the legal proceedings has not been disclosed to potential buyers, we only found out accidently, the owners of the house for sale are aggressive and threaten to people other than themselves traveling the lane. The area is lovely and I fell in love with the place but as a buyer what else are they not disclosing. Their auctioneer is no help at all, he just says it has exceptional privacy and nothing about the farm machinery using the same lane, Maybe the auctioneer does not know but surly he has to disclose the information, as it's common knowledge among the locals.

Yes anyone can sell anything. It’s whether someone would buy. Be sure to listen to whatever advice and your solicitor is giving. I’d want to know if the legal proceedings fail for the sellers, how does that effect me. After all this is a right of way registered on your legal title if farmer wins. They are require to disclose if any litigation is pending or threatened under the new contract for sale which issued this year. The requisitions on title should have details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

Why would farming impact on you that significantly? Unless the milking parlour is on the lane and the milk lorry is coming up there every two days I'm not sure why this would be a problem. If people choose to live in the countryside with farms etc then you have to accept that. I choose to live in the city near a motorway as it's good for access but I have noise from this, you can't have it all

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Why would farming impact on you that significantly?
    Said right of way could be part of the sellers land. For example; the driveway could be an access point to the farmers field. Should you buy the house, said driveway won't be a private driveway as the farmer will use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

the_syco wrote: »
    Said right of way could be part of the sellers land. For example; the driveway could be an access point to the farmers field. Should you buy the house, said driveway won't be a private driveway as the farmer will use it.

Also any rights of way registered on title would need to be disclosed to bank depending on contents and could be up to the bank decide if their happy to land. Also if farmer has an accident on your land when accessing the right of way, he could claim of your insurance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement