Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UK HPI car check says finance outstanding

• 22-08-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi guys, just wondering what experienced folks views are on this. Ran a check on a uk car from a main car dealer in mainland uk. Came up with an alert on the report saying Licence plate and VIN currently recorded as having outstanding finance.
    Have the finance company contact number. Should I phone them and see what they say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Run a mile plenty others out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

It's not unusual with a dealer. They often have finance on their stock of cars. I would just ask them about it.

If it was a private sale I would tell you to leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

I've looked into it and seems to be an arrangement with the finance company and the dealer. The finance company trade in this way to help dealers deal with cash flow. Haven't got the full low down on it but they finance company allow 150 days to the dealer and pay the finance back then after sale.
    I haven't asked the dealer yet but will raise it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Whats to stop you paying the dealer. Driving off in your shiny car, Him/her then doing a runner with your cash? Finance firm will still own the vehicle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭leinster93

They are an approved Ford franchise dealer. They would damage their reputation and be blacklisted.

Yes, it is still a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭buzzing147

I'm looking at buying a car, did a history check, said on the check that finance wasn't cleared and maybe bank didn't update records, so got them to check, and got reply today that the bank confirmed the finance is Not Cleared!

What to do next? Run or buy? Don't wanna buy a car that someone else owes money on.

It's a reputable dealership too. Strange. Maybe something simple?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Talk to the dealer.

If it's all good and above board and you still want to buy make 2 payments:-

1/. Direct to the finance house.
    2/. To the dealer.

Sorted.

Talk to the dealer.

If it's all good and above board and you still want to buy make 2 payments:-

1/. Direct to the finance house.
    2/. To the dealer.

Sorted.

Confused now! I thought one payment direct to the dealer was enough to own a car! The car has just come in, someone traded it for newer car, im trying agree price to buy, will know on Monday, but did the history check and didn't come back as clear as I wanted, finance wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

All pretty normal. Dealers take out loans all the time. Highlight it to them.

Just make sure it is paid off before you close the sale. You can ring the finance house to confirm

dubrov wrote: »
    All pretty normal. Dealers take out loans all the time. Highlight it to them.

Just make sure it is paid off before you close the sale. You can ring the finance house to confirm

Normal!? :( Didn't realise if I spent cash on a car, the same car is still under finance to a dealer:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dubrov

buzzing147 wrote:
    Normal!? Didn't realise if I spent cash on a car, the same car is still under finance to a dealer

Reread my post. Make sure it is cleared before you close the deal.

dubrov wrote: »
    Reread my post. Make sure it is cleared before you close the deal.

OkðŸ‘

Advertisement