Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler Service and Safety Check

Options
  • 21-09-2019 11:14pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guy,

Recently had the house inspected by a small construction firm on behalf of Fingal County Council as the tenants receive HAP payments.

Everything passed (I’m in the construction and inspection and certification business) except for one thing.

They require a Boiler Service and Safety Check with Declaration of Conformance to IS813 Annex E.
    The boiler was recently serviced and the certificate states IS813 Annex C. They didn’t accept this.

What’s the difference?
    I’ll call the gas guys on Monday morning but just looking for a heads up on the differences.

Thanks.

Comments

kceire wrote: »
    Guy,

Recently had the house inspected by a small construction firm on behalf of Fingal County Council as the tenants receive HAP payments.

Everything passed (I’m in the construction and inspection and certification business) except for one thing.

They require a Boiler Service and Safety Check with Declaration of Conformance to IS813 Annex E.
    The boiler was recently serviced and the certificate states IS813 Annex C. They didn’t accept this.

What’s the difference?
    I’ll call the gas guys on Monday morning but just looking for a heads up on the differences.

Thanks.

Annex E is gas safety specify with a broader scope, Annex C is more appliance specific focusing on the individual appliance being serviced..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gary71 wrote: »
    Annex E is gas safety specify with a broader scope, Annex C is more appliance specific focusing on the individual appliance being serviced..

Cheers.
    Is this something the average plumber can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

kceire wrote: »
    Cheers.
    Is this something the average plumber can do?

No, must be RGI.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

K.Flyer wrote: »
    No, must be RGI.

Sorry. Meant that the average RGI registered guy can do.
    I use a company to service the boiler annually and they are RGI registered so I suppose I meant if it could be done by the average plumber that does this kind of work.

Thanks.
    Hopefully sort it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Ah ok, yes all Registered Gas Installers must be capable of carrying out an Annex E.

• Advertisement
Advertisement