Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

red valves in hot press

Options
  • 21-09-2019 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

There are two red valves in my hot press. How do i find which one does what?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

There are two red valves in my hot press. How do i find which one does what?

Post a pic of the press including the valves and we might be able to identify them. Take a clear well lit pic.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Wearb wrote: »
    Post a pic of the press including the valves and we might be able to identify them. Take a clear well lit pic.
    here is a photo of them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Nobody here can say with certainty what either one does.
    Turn off (clockwise) the right side one first and turn on the bathroom taps and see which one stops.
    After that, repeat the same with the left valve.
    Remember, the hot water can run for a short while before stopping completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Assuming one with a valve is hot and the other cold that leaves the other 3/4" one possibly the expansion pipe. I wonder how close to the top of the cylinder it goes. I've seen some come straight off the top of the cylinder in qualpex. This leaves fun and games in the future when thermostat fails :(

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

Wearb wrote: »

All the above information was needed to have any real chance of success. We need to see where the pipes that the valves are on are going.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

• Advertisement
Advertisement