Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

JimBurnley wrote: »
    exactly what CRIT is please?

Crit is short for critical, generally it means double damage. So when you see a stat with "Crit chance" the value given is your % chance to land a critical hit. Getting a headshot would work out as a guaranteed critical hit in most games.

The workings of crit can differ in games depending on if they offer stat increases for crit chance, crit hit or crit damage.

So to keep it simple, crit = double the normal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

In build format

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/bbyafz/odyssey_i_have_finally_perfected_my_allroundedup/

Seen this earlier in the year and if you make this in game you will be an actual god!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

This is a great site for people who have the patience to create builds :)

https://ac-builds.com/builds/featured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

im on level 43, i respeced all to max assassin with a poison dagger and am destroying everyone now :)

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    im on level 43, i respeced all to max assassin with a poison dagger and am destroying everyone now :)

I'd love to have the patience/knowledge to do that! I fúcking suck at RPG stuff! Haven't a scooby what I'm doing :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Just started this and unlike the witcher determining what direction to go has be stumped . I'm doing a side mission in the footsteps of the gods which requires me to find a spear in a cave . I have the mission tracked but it isn't clear from the red bar on the top of the screen what direction to head in . There is an eagle symbol and lots of ? Marks

? place you havent been to.
    Eagle is a sync spot that lets you view the entire area.

There is an option to enable mission hints ie it is north of here, there is a big tree in the garden. Or just go with the X option which brings you right to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm doing exploration mode and enjoying it more then i did originally. I like that i actually have to look for some things, even if it is really obvious 90% of the time.

Is there a fast track mechanic in this game like the sign posts in witcher 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,271 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Is there a fast track mechanic in this game like the sign posts in witcher 3

Yes, the Eagle Sync viewpoints. Once you sync a viewpoint it appears as an eagle symbol on your map. You can Fast Travel to any sync'd viewpoint.

And your boat you can fast travel to that or call it to a dock you are at.

Really getting into this now . Is it longer than witcher 3. Any way to fast forward night/day like the witcher

Press and hold the map button will change from day to night and vice versa :)
    As for length, I have 185.5 hours into it and it's not over yet :)

What's the best weapon and armour set at.level 50 for fighting the medusa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    What's the best weapon and armour set at.level 50 for fighting the medusa

I used duel daggers and a hammer both with fire damage. Had warrior armor on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Got this last month in a sale, and its a massive step up for the series. A solid 9/10 for me.

The world is class, really beautiful, each region feels a bit different, the sea combat is a nice simple addition but a bit repetitive.

My only minor gripes are , once you get used to the combat system within the 1st hour thats sort of the game mastered. The most useful new abilities are unlocked in the first few hours and thats sort of it. Would like to see a little more progression in the combat system as the game goes on.

The game (dare i say it ) is too long , sticking mostly to what i view as the main missions i have 41 hours completed and there is no end in sight. Whilst its great on one hand to see this level of effort put into the world , on the other hand i just dont think the story is meaty enough on the main missions, its just a variation of go here weaken and kill this guy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,828 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Decided to finish up the DLC for this before Valhalla. I'm at the end of Episode 2 of Legacy, and my god it's as bad as people made out. The forced storyline is shocking bad. Couldn't wait for that part to be over and willing the outcome along. Just starting Bloodline now and I kinda wish
    the kid got it too
    . Anyway, hopefully episode 3 is good or Legacy is a let down. Then hoping the Atlantis one is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Decided to finish up the DLC for this before Valhalla. I'm at the end of Episode 2 of Legacy, and my god it's as bad as people made out. The forced storyline is shocking bad. Couldn't wait for that part to be over and willing the outcome along. Just starting Bloodline now and I kinda wish
    the kid got it too
    . Anyway, hopefully episode 3 is good or Legacy is a let down. Then hoping the Atlantis one is good!

Yeah I found Legacy to be alright and that forced choice was a let down. Atlantis is completely different as it leans more into Greek Mythology and the new abilities are cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Didn't bother with Atlantis as I'd no interest in fighting Medusa or any of the others. Legacy started off strong I thought, then the invisible fight did my head in and never came back after beating it. Pity really, had 150 odd hours into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Played the first 2 episodes of legacy. Some bits were ok but on the whole it was a huge let down.

Atlantis was promising, but again felt like more of the same. Running/travel simulator more than a deep story driven rpg.

I'm praying to jaysus, the praise for visuals and combat have gone to their heads and Valhalla really addresses the shortcomings

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Glebee

Anyone know if Odyssey plays better than Origins on PC? My setup did not like Origins at all and struggled big time. Ive heard Odyssey playes better though.

Glebee wrote: »
    Anyone know if Odyssey plays better than Origins on PC? My setup did not like Origins at all and struggled big time. Ive heard Odyssey playes better though.

I had no issues with origins, but at the start had several graphical issues with Odyssey. It actually looked like a step back from origins. Can't remember what the issue was, but it was Grand after a while

Only just started this during the week. Had to try and start ignoring the side missions as I was making no headway at all at the main story, not that thats a bad thing I suppose. Massive amount of content, put it up there with Witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Glebee wrote: »
    Only just started this during the week. Had to try and start ignoring the side missions as I was making no headway at all at the main story, not that thats a bad thing I suppose. Massive amount of content, put it up there with Witcher 3.

You put it up there with the witcher 3, content wise or quality wise?

I've tried to play this game twice but it's just so bland I put it down and don't go back to it. Combat, gameplay and story are all passable but it's not engaging in the slightest.

I recently played Far Cry 5 too, same issue. Throwaway story and the gameplay just becomes monotonous and I'm left with little reason to keep playing other than to finish what I started, which I then inevitably don't.

I blame games like the Witcher 3 or Divinty Original Sin II for turning me off Ubisoft games. It's not familiarity's fault anyway as the last one I played was Far Cry 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its not a patch on witcher 3, they tried to copy elements from it, a lot of the side stuff is bland and boring compared to the sides in W3.

I've tried to play this game twice but it's just so bland I put it down and don't go back to it. Combat, gameplay and story are all passable but it's not engaging in the slightest.

I recently played Far Cry 5 too, same issue. Throwaway story and the gameplay just becomes monotonous and I'm left with little reason to keep playing other than to finish what I started, which I then inevitably don't.

I blame games like the Witcher 3 or Divinty Original Sin II for turning me off Ubisoft games. It's not familiarity's fault anyway as the last one I played was Far Cry 3.

You've hit the nail on the head there. Very bland

I understand that no game compares favorable to Witcher 3,(could be the best game ever released imo) but its the amount of stuff in Odyssey im referring too. Side quest are a bit bland alright but the game area seems large. Its still a very decent game in the Assassins Creed series.

Advertisement