Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premier League Prediction Comp 2019 Table

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Thanks lads - I don't mind it at all. The dragging out comment was a reference to the matches and not doing this! The only game I saw last night was Wright MvG which was basically MvG playing on his own and trying to hit 8/8 doubles and a massive average. He may as well have been playing a cardboard cut out.

That must have been the quickest match in this years Premier league :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Another fairly underwhelming night judging by the results. Cross had a chance win the league part but never really fired against Wade only hitting a 92 average. The rest of the matches followed the form guide with straightforward wins for Price, Gurney and MvG.

The lure of a few bonus points for a whitewash was too much for some but never materialised in a pedestrian night of darts.

I remember once asking my mother when I was small if I got 2/10 in an exam but it was higher than everyone else would I be the best. She told me I'd be the best of a bad lot. As this week's winner with 4 points I'm reminded of her answer.

Highest average Gurney 101.8
    Lowest Average Cross 92.39
    Highest Check out Price 142

Well done to everyone for getting this far.

Bluezar stays 9 clear with Green_Martian the only realistic challenger with the semi-finals and final to come next week.

League-Table-Week-16.jpg

I remember once asking my mother when I was small if I got 2/10 in an exam but it was higher than everyone else would I be the best. She told me I'd be the best of a bad lot. As this week's winner with 4 points I'm reminded of her answer.

It still counts as a weekly win, well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

The curtain comes down on another PL season on what was a fairly tame night of darts. It's a shame that after 16 weeks the finals night fails to exite.

At 6-6 Gurney was in with a shot but MvG had other ideas and 3 legs on the spin put the match to bed.
    Cross looked good against Wade who should have gone in level but didn't despite not playing well. Bar a 98 finish on D19 and tops he was only making up the numbers after things resumed. The only other darts of note after the break was Cross failing to hit big 7 twice when he had 3 darts from 39.

After 6 legs with 5 of them going to MvG the final looked to be a real disappointment before out of nowhere Cross hit a hot streak that got the crowd on their feet and made MvG wobble. Only one leg down going into the break he had 3 darts to finish his favourite 36 and blew it to go in level.

A bit of a cliché but the break came at the right time for MvG and once things resumed he won 5 of the 6 legs. Despite John McDonalds usual sound byte about it being a magnifient final the crowd's boos told a different story and barring Cross's brief resurgence there was little to shout about all night.

This weeks winner is Boomdocker on 6.

Highest average cross 100.31
    Lowest average wade 91.91
    Highest Checkout cross 128

In the final there were two ton plus checkouts both from MvG 112 and 130 so no bonus points there for anyone. There were 7 180's - 5 from MvG 2 Cross so nothing there either.

The weekly winners over the 17 nights have been:

Gotya Week 1 Week 9
    Bluezar Week 2 Week 5 Week 10 Week 14
    KIngp35 Week 3
    Rolliefingers Week 4 Week 7
    Boomdocker Week 4 Week 12 Week 17
    Green_Martian Week 6 Week 15
    Bob Harris Week 8 Week 16
    Raiders Week 11
    Paulie Week 13
    Ultimate Week 13
    Porthallian Week 15

All that means that this years winner is Bluezar. On behalf of all who took part our heartiest congratulations. Consistently good scoring throughout the season and 17 correct scores did the real damage. In second place was Green_Martian 10 points back and pinching third spot is Boomdocker after picking up this weeks win.

As promised there is a prize this year so Bluezar wins himself a voucher or better put a discount code to the tune of 20 quid. I shall be in touch with him in due course to sort that out.

Thanks for taking part and let's hope we're all around to do it again next year.

League-Table-Week-17.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

The curtain comes down on another PL season on what was a fairly tame night of darts. It's a shame that after 16 weeks the finals night fails to exite.

At 6-6 Gurney was in with a shot but MvG had other ideas and 3 legs on the spin put the match to bed.
    Cross looked good against Wade who should have gone in level but didn't despite not playing well. Bar a 98 finish on D19 and tops he was only making up the numbers after things resumed. The only other darts of note after the break was Cross failing to hit big 7 twice when he had 3 darts from 39.

After 6 legs with 5 of them going to MvG the final looked to be a real disappointment before out of nowhere Cross hit a hot streak that got the crowd on their feet and made MvG wobble. Only one leg down going into the break he had 3 darts to finish his favourite 36 and blew it to go in level.

A bit of a clichut the break came at the right time for MvG and once things resumed he won 5 of the 6 legs. Despite John McDonalds usual sound byte about it being a magnifient final the crowd's boos told a different story and barring Cross's brief resurgence there was little to shout about all night.

This weeks winner is Boomdocker on 6.

Highest average cross 100.31
    Lowest average wade 91.91
    Highest Checkout cross 128

In the final there were two ton plus checkouts both from MvG 112 and 130 so no bonus points there for anyone. There were 7 180's - 5 from MvG 2 Cross so nothing there either.

The weekly winners over the 17 nights have been:

Gotya Week 1 Week 9
    Bluezar Week 2 Week 5 Week 10 Week 14
    KIngp35 Week 3
    Rolliefingers Week 4 Week 7
    Boomdocker Week 4 Week 12 Week 17
    Green_Martian Week 6 Week 15
    Bob Harris Week 8 Week 16
    Raiders Week 11
    Paulie Week 13
    Ultimate Week 13
    Porthallian Week 15

All that means that this years winner is Bluezar. On behalf of all who took part our heartiest congratulations. Consistently good scoring throughout the season and 17 correct scores did the real damage. In second place was Green_Martian 10 points back and pinching third spot is Boomdocker after picking up this weeks win.

As promised there is a prize this year so Bluezar wins himself a voucher or better put a discount code to the tune of 20 quid. I shall be in touch with him in due course to sort that out.

Thanks for taking part and let's hope we're all around to do it again next year.

League-Table-Week-17.jpg

Thanks a million for running - nice to have a bit of interest this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Many thanks Bob Harris, really enjoyed this and congrats to Bluezar on the win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Thanks for running Bob. Congrats to Bluezar on winning

Thanks again Bob for running this, what will we do till next year haha

Congrats to Bluezar on winning

Advertisement