Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microlite

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭smurfette2212

Thanks for the reply, the advice and the criticism... Perfectly mature thanks very much, though I'm glad you feel you know me well enough to judge. Sorry if that sounds nasty, but I only asked a question that I couldn't find an answer to elsewhere, I wasn't looking for judgement or approval. I just happen to have had quite serious doctor-related issues in the past, so mine is the one I feel most comfortable with, and the one that I feel able to trust. Also, if the answer was on the leaflet, I probably wouldn't have asked. Thanks anyway though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kansaki

In relation to Microlite, I have an Issue!

I started it 3 weeks ago, Im now currently on my 7 day free of the pil, Which is when period comes, Right?
    Day 3 and no sign of it.... Id usually get cramps or signs like but nthing...

And i have a boyfriend, and we used condoms at start, but twice we didnt.

Should i of got my period already?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You bloody women, you'll do anything to avoid having children..

I don't know how you'd get one of these things in your mouths, let alone swallow one!

http://www.alitravelstheworld.com/zambia/microlight_11.jpg

Maybe only reply if you have actually something to say....?

Yeah we avoid getting pregnant cos were not ready to get pregnan, neither are our partners ready to have a kid.... YOu wud be saying different stuff if i had said oh i purposely didnt take my pill so i cud trick him to gettn me pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

Kansaki wrote: »
    In relation to Microlite, I have an Issue!

I started it 3 weeks ago, Im now currently on my 7 day free of the pil, Which is when period comes, Right?
    Day 3 and no sign of it.... Id usually get cramps or signs like but nthing...

And i have a boyfriend, and we used condoms at start, but twice we didnt.

Should i of got my period already?

For me, my period arrives around the fifth day. You're not really meant to get any cramps or anything, that's the beauty of it :D

As for adjusting to it, I found my hormones were quite excessive in the beginning, but I figured it was my body getting used to it. Now I'm grand, but I took it an hour late last week and got cramps, lol. I was warned about that anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Kansaki wrote: »
    Maybe only reply if you have actually something to say....?

Yeah we avoid getting pregnant cos were not ready to get pregnan, neither are our partners ready to have a kid.... YOu wud be saying different stuff if i had said oh i purposely didnt take my pill so i cud trick him to gettn me pregnant

Shooosh, straight over your head

Lorrs33 wrote: »
    For me, my period arrives around the fifth day. You're not really meant to get any cramps or anything, that's the beauty of it :D

As for adjusting to it, I found my hormones were quite excessive in the beginning, but I figured it was my body getting used to it. Now I'm grand, but I took it an hour late last week and got cramps, lol. I was warned about that anyway.

Thanks you, If i dont get it, Il be back here :P

last time when on it like 2 years ago, i got cramps, just mini ones to let me know it was coming, though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Gone Drinking 3 day ban for unhelpful and off topic posting.

Please report posts you have an issue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Neverwhere

ok my leaflet is not iwth me at the moment.

im not finished my first course of the pill yet and im bleeding! i missed a day, but i was sure i took it again within 12 hours. the bleeding just seems to have started and is mainly staying inside, not like a period.

what do i do? i still have five days left before i take a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Neverwhere wrote: »
    ok my leaflet is not iwth me at the moment.

im not finished my first course of the pill yet and im bleeding! i missed a day, but i was sure i took it again within 12 hours. the bleeding just seems to have started and is mainly staying inside, not like a period.

what do i do? i still have five days left before i take a break.

??????

No idea. Honestly, nobody here can tell you. Go to the doctor, or failing that, go and ask a pharmacist. Most likely everything is fine, the pill can mess up your cycle.

If you're really worried about the bleeding though, go to a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i'm on microlite and have been experiencing back pain and spotting before my 'period'. i took a pill a bit erratically a few weeks ago the biggest gap being 5 hours. (eg 13.00 one day, and 18.00 the next).

any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

i'm on microlite and have been experiencing back pain and spotting before my 'period'. i took a pill a bit erratically a few weeks ago the biggest gap being 5 hours. (eg 13.00 one day, and 18.00 the next).

any ideas?
    No, none. :)

Have you had sex? If yes, perhaps do a pregnancy test. If this is positive, see your doctor.

If the back pain and erratic spotting continue, see your doctor.

With Microlite you have a twelve hour window within which to take it to be safe.e.g, I take mine around 8pm every night, I should still be safe if I forget one evening and take it before 8 in the morning. I have been on microlite for a year and a half and have mostly found it great. No side affects, makes your period relatively painless and fairly light, period arrived like clockwork,until recently - just wondered if anyone else has experienced a similar problem to mine:

About 6 months ago I didn't get my period, took a test and it was negative, and when I went to my doctor for a repeat prescription, she said it CAN happen every now and then with microlite, and not to worry too much if it happens every now and again. After this isolated incident I got my period as normal, until last month. Took a test, negative again, and now this month I did get a period but it was really really light, way lighter than usual. I just wondered has this happened to anyone else regularly?

hi i was just wondering whether break through bleeding is common on fixed dose pills like microlite as well as phasic pills when you run two packets together? it's the first time i've ever done it..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Have you read over the leaflet? If you have worries, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

hi i was just wondering whether break through bleeding is common on fixed dose pills like microlite as well as phasic pills when you run two packets together? it's the first time i've ever done it..

Yea it is common enough. You know that the bleed you get isn't an actual period it's a withdrawl bleed but sometimes taking two packs together can mess with it a little bit as your body gets used to the withdrawl. Nothing to worry about, unless it persists/get's heavier.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭meganj

Jen08 wrote: »
    I always take my microlite pill some time between 7 and 9. But the other day I didn't take it til 1 o'clock. Is that really bad? Does it really have to be the exact same time everyday?
    Or is between 7 and 9 or even 1 o'clock an ok time-frame?

Jen, you really should try and take it the same time each day, but failing that within twelve hours is fine. anything after twelve hours use additional contraception for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

The microlite pack contains 21 tablets. On the pack each tablet is marked with the day of the week on which it is to be taken. Take your tablet at about the same time each day with some liquid if neccessary. Follow the direction of the arrows until all 21 tablets have been taken. During the next 7 days you take no tablets. A period should begin during these 7 days (the withdrawal bleed). Usually it will start on day 2-3 after the last microlite tablet. Start taking the next pack on the 8th day even if your period continues. This means that you will always start new packs on the same day of the week and also that you have your withdrawal bleed on about the same days every month.

^Lifted it from my booklet thingy.

hey..ive started taking the microlite 1 month pills..
    and i want to ask,,
    if i stopped taking it after the 21 days,,
    if i could pregnant?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,276 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

hey..ive started taking the microlite 1 month pills..
    and i want to ask,,
    if i stopped taking it after the 21 days,,
    if i could pregnant?

You really should have discussed fundamental questions like that with your GP before starting to take that pill. I suggest you go back to them and get yourself better educated about the effects it will have on your body before having unprotected sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lynm

Hey ladies...some very useful info u have on here but just wondering if anyone has had this problem im currently going through...so i started using microlite 4months ago and just started my 5th pack today...had a shortened preiod after the first pack-went down to 3 days from 5days and now the problem is for the last 2months instead of a 5day cycle it seems to go on for longer say abt 7 days...not the normal flow though for the extra 2 days as always only discover it after sex i.e the flow might aswell be non-existant. Figured its an extension of my period coz i dnt get it any other time...just wanted to see if its something common before i ran to the doc. Cheers:o

hey everyone..
    just started taking the pill a few days ago and was wondering...
    yano the 7 day break for ur period? do you start back taking the pill on that 7th day or the following day? im a tad confused about that ...
    if anybody cud enlighten me that wud be brill thanks!!

You hav 7 pill free days and you take it the day after the 7 days. For example if you take your last pill on a Thurday then you have a 7 day break and start again the following Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lucyloo24

Hi you might only get ur period for a day or 2 comin to the end of ur 7 day free pill....

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

I'm starting Microlite soon, just wondering has anyone experienced weight gain? And has it helped skin problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

As I've just said in another thread, every pill affects every woman differently. If you have concerns, go to your GP and discuss alternatives.

so confused. When i finish 21 day pack. do i wait for 7 day break and take pill on 8th day no matter when period starts or if it hasn't finished yet. i always start back on the 8th day?

microlite
    so confused. When i finish 21 day pack. do i wait for 7 day break and take pill on 8th day no matter when period starts or if it hasn't finished yet. i always start back on the 8th day?
    read the leaflet which came with your pill, if you haven't got one ask your pharmacist for one, or have a chat with your GP

I cannot fathom why some women take the pill when they have absolutely no idea how it works! I mean why not ask your GP these questions when he/she is prescribing it for you?!! Surely its the first thing you'd ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

dsandra wrote: »

Yes you take it even if the period isn't finished. I've basically done all the pills. I've been on Yasmin (made me miserable), Microlite (screwed up my skin bigtime), and then this other one beginning with an M that made me nauseous. Now I'm on dianette and its really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Microlite is quite simple. Take it for 21 days, take a break for 7 days. Start again. This is all outlined in the leaflet that comes with the pill.

When you've been taking it for a few months, your periods should fall into line with this pattern.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch with your GP or pharmacist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement