Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest way to get working holiday visa?

Options
  • 17-05-2015 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi,i am planning to move from ireland to australia towards the end of this year and am looking to apply for a 1 year working holiday visa. i have looked up a couple of visa agencies but they seem to charge quite high,is there a cheaper way to go about this? if anyone can lead me in the right direction as regards the steps involved it would really help me out!

also is the working holiday visa the best one to apply for? i am a qualified mechanic and will have 12k dollars with me heading out would this be enough? will be looking to get a job as soon as possible when i arrive or should i have a job lined up?

hope this is in the right thread any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

apply yourself on the website, you will have the visa in an hour or two, should be no major drama getting sponsored as a mechanic if you find the right garage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

If I'm not mistaken you'd need your trade qualification to be recognised in the state you're moving to, a process I've heard can take months (for electricians anway). So maybe look into having that organised from the Irish end before heading over?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,071 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If I'm not mistaken you'd need your trade qualification to be recognised in the state you're moving to, a process I've heard can take months (for electricians anway). So maybe look into having that organised from the Irish end before heading over?
    That's to be registered as an electrician or whatever trade. You don't need to do that before you can start work, you could work under a person who signs off on your work. If you are to work solo, it's needed. Like the difference between a graduate architect/engineer and a registered/charter one.

Advertisement